The Site
News Index
Search The Site
About The Site
The Season
Fixtures & Results
League Table
Player Profiles
06/07 Photo Gallery
The Club
Archive 92/93 to 18/19
Match Database
Away Fans Guide
The Terraces
E-mail List
Fun & Games
Daggers Dictionary

 The Poll

Daggers change of ownership: should we...

Stay as we are (Members Club)
Go with the East Consortium
Go with the Tamplin Consortium
Look for another solution

View Current Standings


A one pound coin.




Next Match

14 March 3020
Vanarama National League 

Last Match

10 March 2020
AFC Fylde
Vanarama National League 
Lost 1-2

     On This Day

In 1993,The Daggers beat Colchester United 5-0 at Home in a friendly match

In 1994,The Daggers lost 2-3 to Peterborough United at Home in a friendly match

In 1996,The Daggers drew 2-2 with Baldock Town Away in a friendly match

In 2005,The Daggers drew 3-3 with Bishop's Stortford Away in a friendly match

In 2011,The Daggers beat Macclesfield Town 1-0  Away in the NPower League Two 

In 2013,The Daggers lost 2-3 to Brentford Away in the Capital One Cup First Round

In 2016,The Daggers beat Southport 3-0 at Home in the Vanarama National League 

In 2019,The Daggers beat Dover Athletic 2-1  Away in the Vanarama National League 



Club for sale

Date set for EGM
by Hardy on 23/09/2016

The Daggers future will be decided at an Extraordinary General Meeting of members to be held at the football club on Monday 17th October.

Date set for EGM

DiggerDagger sources tell the site that the Daggers future will be decided at an Extraordinary General Meeting of members to be held at the football club at 7pm on Monday 17th October following a letter detailing the options on the table which was issued today.

The meeting will be asked to vote on two resolutions, with a straight majority vote required on both. The letters states:

Consideration of and, if thought fit, passing the following ordinary resolutions by a majority vote of members present at the Meeting in person or by proxy:

(a) to decide which of Proposal 1 or Proposal 2 (in each case on the terms enclosed with the covering letter sent by the Chairman to the members on 23 September 2016) for investment in Dagenham & Redbridge Football Club is in the best interests of the Company as a whole; and

(b) to authorise the Board of Directors of the Company to accept whichever Proposal is selected by the members in accordance with resolution (a) above and to take such steps as shall be required to implement such Proposal.

The details of the two proposals are attached as separate documents.

The East Consortium

One is led by John and Brian East, which also includes former player Lee Goodwin and his father John, and former Barking and Dagenham Mayor Graham Bramley.

This offer has the following structure:

Brian East | 175,000 | 19.8 %
John East | 160,000 | 18.2%
John & Lee Goodwin | 65,000 | 7.4%
Graham Bramley | 50,000 | 5.6%
Members | 0 | 49%

This offer is a one off 450,000 for 51% of the shares in a new company, with the remaining 49% being retained by the Members. The four investors would each have a vote on the board, as would the Members. The investors would pay in three installments, 250,000 immediately, 100,000 in July 2017 and 100,000 in July 2018.

The Tamplin Consortium

The other is the group led by local business owner Glenn Tamplin, which includes ex-Daggers Chairman Dave Bennett, current board member Chris Smythe, Manager John Still and current MD Steve Thompson. Former backer of the East bid David Ward has shifted across to the Tamplin bid, which also includes former ground sponsor Glyn Hopkin and three new names, Dennis Bean, Mark Fitzer and Jeanette Kwakye.

Bean and Fitzer own local businesses, while Kwakye is best known as an Olympic sprint finalist for GB at the Beijing games.

This offer has the following structure:

Glenn Tamplin | 725,000 | 43.5 %
Dave Bennett | 75,000 | 4.5%
Dennis Bean | 75,000 | 4.5%
Steve Thompson | 50,000 | 3%
John Still | 50,000 | 3%
Chris Smythe | 50,000 | 3%
Glyn Hopkin | 50,000 | 3%
David Ward | 50,000 | 3%
Jeanette Kwakye | 50,000 | 3%
Mark Fitzer | 50,000 | 3%
Members | 0 | 26.5%

This represents a total investment of 1,225,000, which will be paid into the club over three years, 600,000, 375,000 and 250,000. I understand that should this bid be accepted, the resulting board would consist of the ten investors with one vote each plus one or two representatives elected by the Members/supporters club.

In Summary

So the date is set and the bids are in.

Let's hope that all have the best intentions going forward and that the right option for the club is chosen.

Note that the full documents issued to Members ahead of the meeting are available to download from Dropbox here with thanks to "Auntie Merge".

We will add further information as we get it.

 is an independent website and the views expressed are not necessarily those of Dagenham & Redbridge Football Club