The Site
News Index
Search The Site
About The Site
The Season
Fixtures & Results
League Table
Player Profiles
06/07 Photo Gallery
The Club
Archive 92/93 to 19/20
Match Database
Away Fans Guide
The Terraces
E-mail List
Fun & Games
Daggers Dictionary

 The Poll

Daggers change of ownership: should we...

Stay as we are (Members Club)
Go with the East Consortium
Go with the Tamplin Consortium
Look for another solution

View Current Standings


A player who has apparently played at the highest level but fails to demonstrate even a bit of why that was when picked for your team.




Next Match

17 April 2021
Solihull Moors
Vanarama National League 

Last Match

13 April 2021
Vanarama National League 
Won 2-0

     On This Day

In 1993,The Daggers beat Bath City 2-1 at Home in the GM Vauxhall Conference 

In 1994,The Daggers drew 2-2 with Northwich Victoria Away in the GM Vauxhall Conference 

In 1995,The Daggers beat Farnborough Town 3-1  Away in the GM Vauxhall Conference 

In 1997,The Daggers drew 1-1 with Hitchin Town at Home in the ICIS League Premier 

In 1999,The Daggers beat Hampton 2-1  Away in the Ryman League Premier 

In 2004,The Daggers lost 0-1 to Halifax Town at Home in the Nationwide Conference 

In 2006,The Daggers drew 2-2 with Canvey Island at Home in the Nationwide Conference 

In 2010,The Daggers beat Burton Albion 2-1 at Home in the Coca Cola League Two 

In 2017,The Daggers drew 2-2 with Sutton United at Home in the Vanarama National League 

In 2018,The Daggers lost 1-3 to Bromley Away in the Vanarama National League 




Daggers in League One
by Hardy on 01/06/2010

The Daggers win a breathless Play off Final at Wembley to clinch promotion to League One in 2010/11. Report includes pictures by Hardy.

Dagenham & Redbridge

Rotherham United

Benson 38
Green 56
Nurse 70

Taylor 39
Taylor 61

Coca Cola League Two Play off Final
Wembley Stadium
Sunday 30th May 2010
Breathless win sees Daggers promoted

Come August, the Daggers will line up as a League One team after a stunning and tense Play off Final win over Rotherham United at Wembley on Sunday.

Yes, that is right, League one, the old Third Division, in with teams like Charlton Athletic, Southampton and Sheffield Wednesday, with derbies against Leyton Orient, Colchester United and Brentford. So how did that happen?

After the way Morecambe had been dispatched in the semi final many of the analysts were tipping a Daggers win, yet it was hard to really believe that it could happen, and the bookies, rarely wrong, had the Millers as narrow favourites on the day. The Daggers fans gathered with with nervous expectation and a bit of optimism in the "unlucky end" of Wembley.

The team was as predicted, unchanged from the Morecambe games and Rotherham must have been prepared for what was to come. After the ceremonies were over the game started and all the early action was at the Daggers end, first Mills, then Taylor, flashing headers just wide as the Millers gained the upper hand.

Rotherham also hit the near post from a corner before slowly the Daggers clawed back into the game and the action moved more into the sun drenched Rotherham half of the field. It was Romain Vincelot that had the first good chance for the Daggers when an Abu Ogogo cross from the right looked to be behind everyone only for the Frenchman to somehow hammer a spectacular overhead kick at Warrington's goal. Luckily for the keeper it was a good height for him and he saved superbly, but now the Daggers were right in the game.

Shortly after Jon Nurse jinked through the Rotherham defence and was flattened by Millers skipper Ian Sharps, who was booked. The resulting free kick was right in Danny Green territory and his hard low shot was again saved by Warrington somehow after the keeper looked to be going the worng way initially.

Given the pressure it was not completely surprising that the Daggers grabbed the lead just after this, a quick free kick from Mark Arber allowing Peter Gain to set McCrory free up the Daggers left, the cross controlled by Paul Benson, then stroked into the bottom corner on the turn.

The fans went nuts in the stand but the joy lasted only seconds as Rotherham immediately equalised, a lapse in concentration letting Ellison have space to cross for Ryan Taylor who headed past Tony Roberts at the near post. The lead had lasted less than a minute.

Again Rotherham were on top now, although they couldn't find a clear chance, Kevin Ellison having a couple of shots blocked before the half time whistle gave everyone a chance to collect a breath or two.

The Daggers started the better after the break, Green in particular proving a handful, and Mark Arber might have scored had he hit his shot a little firmer when the ball dropped to him.

On 56 minutes a free kick into the box from McCrory was half cleared to Danny Green just outside the box. Green ran at the full back and then shot early from 18 yards when the whole Millers defence were obviously expecting a cross, the ball zipping across a surprised Warrington and in.

Again the Daggers fans erupted, again Rotherham came roaring back. They should have levelled it again when Mark Lynch's cross fell to Danny Harrison on the far post but his contact was wild and the ball bounced up to clip the bar and fly over. The warning wasn't heeded though and on 61 minutes Nicky Law got space up the Daggers left to pick out Ryan Taylor who had space and time to beat Roberts from around the penalty spot.

2-2, half an hour left, both sets of fans going wild.

After four well worked goals, the winner was a scruffy affair. On 68 minutes a Danny Green corner from the right was not cleared and the ball dropped to Jon Nurse, The shot was on target but weak, bouncing and more or less straight at Kevin Ellison who swung a leg at it but only succeeded in deflecting it past Warrington. 3-2 and 20 minutes plus stoppage time to go looked like an eternity.

Rotherham again steamed forward looking to level. Substitutions late on saw Monty and Phil Walsh replace Jon Nurse and Josh Scott, and Ronnie Moore the Millers manager also ringing the changes to try and find that leveller. For the Daggers faithful, the clock ticked slower and slower toward 90.

Benno screwed an overhead kick wide, but it was mostly a sea of red crashing on a cliff of yellow defenders. Four minutes of added time were signalled as it turned into the Alamo. With Daggers whistles ringing round Wembley Robbo twice punched clear then as time ran out a shot was deflected out for a corner. Up came Warrington, but to no avail as the corner was headed wide by Nick Fenton and the referee finally blew time.

The Daggers danced on and off the terraces as the Rotherham end emptied. The Trophy was lifted by Arbs and Anni to a roar from the Daggers faithful, the biggest cheer of the afternoon reserved for John Still at the end of the line.

The partly lasted all night and most of Monday too.

The fixtures are out on the 17th June!

Hardy has uploaded some pictures which are below. See also Nelson's pictures which are hosted at Photobucket and Danny Campbell's, some of which are on this site, the rest on Danny's Facebook page. The official photo's from the day can be viewd at Enjoy!




1 Tony Roberts
19 Abu Ogogo
4 Scott Doe
5 Mark Arber
3 Damian McCrory
7 Danny Green
20 Romain Vincelot
33 Peter Gain
9 John Nurse (off 72 mins)
10 Josh Scott (off 83 mins)
14 Paul Benson


20 Chris Lewington
15 Anwar Uddin
17 Darren Currie
22 Graeme Montgomery (on 72 mins)
24 Billy Bingham
26 Tommy Tejan-Sie
31 Phil Walsh (on 83 mins)

1 Andy Warrington
5 Ian Sharps
6 Nick Fenton
14 Mark Lynch
19 Gavin Gunning
25 Pablo Mills (off 77 mins)
4 Danny Harrison
10 Nicky Law
15 Kevin Ellison (off 86 mins)
20 Ryan Taylor
39 Adam Le Fondre


30 Jamie Annerson
3 Jamie Green
16 Paul Warne
21 Marcus Marshall (on 77 mins)
22 Drewe Broughton
23 Josh Walker
27 Abdulai Bell-Baggie (on 86 mins)

Referee: Mr Linnington
Attendance: 32,054

DiggerDagger's Man Of The Match

Romain Vincelot

Was everywhere and switched the Daggers on with his overhead kick

Some photos of the day

Daggers end before kick off

Daggers end and badge

The teams are presented pre-match

Team huddle before kick off

Game over, fans and players celebrate

Red and blue ribbons fly

The team circle the pitch

For now you're going to believe it!

Heading home - its a beautiful day!

 is an independent website and the views expressed are not necessarily those of Dagenham & Redbridge Football Club