The Site
News Index
Search The Site
About The Site
The Season
Fixtures & Results
League Table
Player Profiles
06/07 Photo Gallery
The Club
Archive 92/93 to 19/20
Match Database
Away Fans Guide
The Terraces
E-mail List
Fun & Games
Daggers Dictionary

 The Poll

Daggers change of ownership: should we...

Stay as we are (Members Club)
Go with the East Consortium
Go with the Tamplin Consortium
Look for another solution

View Current Standings


The act of promising much and delivering nothing.




Next Match

27 October 2020
Maidenhead United
Vanarama National League 

Last Match

24 October 2020
Hartley Wintney
FA Cup 4th Qualifying Round

     On This Day

In 1992,The Daggers beat Hednesford Town 3-1  Away in the FA Cup 4th Qualifying Round

In 2009,The Daggers drew 2-2 with Macclesfield Town Away in the Coca Cola League Two 

In 2015,The Daggers lost 1-3 to Accrington Stanley Away in the Sky Bet League Two 

In 2017,The Daggers beat Macclesfield Town 1-0 at Home in the Vanarama National League 



Match report

Stockport County Report
by Upminster Daggers on 13/08/2007

The Daggers lose their first ever Football League game 1-0 at Edgeley Park.

Stockport County

Dagenham & Redbridge

Dickenson 85

CocaCola League Two
Edgeley Park
Saturday 11th August 2007
Daggers big day ends in disappointment
So after all the waiting and all the expectations, it ended in defeat. However, the players of Dagenham and Redbridge were by no means outclassed by Stockport County as the League Two season began at Edgeley Park.

John Still kept faith with most of the squad which had done so well last season, with only John Nurse of the summer signings making the starting line up. He partnered Paul Benson upfront while John Boardman returned to the Daggers starting line up. For Stockport, ex Cheats and Stevenage loser Anthony Elding started upfront, while under achieving ex Premiership player Adam Proudlock had to be content with a place warming the already sweltering bench!!!

After the formalities, including a presentation from Stockport to the Daggers to mark the occasion, it was County who began the better. The Daggers failed to keep possession for any length of time and began to be pushed back.

Robbo was at full stretch after 9 minutes to keep out a daisy cutter from Adam Griffin. The home side continued to look like opening up the new boys, but Boardman was having an immense game at the heart of the Daggers defence to ensure they stayed in the game. 

Stockport continued to create half chances but the longer it went on, the more Daggers looked comfortable. In fact County keeper Logan had to make a smart stop to keep put Benson after he had been set up by Nurse, and then Nurse himself had two headers which cleared the bar, the first of which he really should have done better with.

After 45 minutes in the heat players and fans were glad when the referee, who had a decent game, called for half time.

After the break County really began to push the Daggers back. We seemed to lose control of the midfield and were being pushed deeper and deeper. Griffin had the ball in the net for the home side but the linesman ad long since indicated the ball had gone out of play, before Roberts made two more smart saves. However, on the break there still looked to be hope for the Daggers and from one move Nurse should have done better when he had Benson and Sloma to pick out but could not beat the first defender with his cross.

John Still introduced Strevens, Huke and Moore for Sloma, Saunders and Benson and Huke appeared to give us more bite in midfield. Gannon also made changes for County. Roberts chopper down a County player on he edge of the area to earn himself a yellow, but just when it looked like we would leave with a point, County opened us up one last time. Substitute Proudlock beat Griffiths on the left and crossed for fellow sub Dickinson to volley home at the near post. It was a neat goal but choking to come on 85 minutes.

There was not really anytime for the visitors to hit back, although they did force a series of corners which led to nothing. The referee only managed to find 2 minutes injury time (his only blemish in our opinion) and at the final whistle everyone felt a little deflated.




26. Conrad Logan
4. Jason Taylor
5. Gareth Owen
6. Ashley Williams
7. David Poole , 
8. Gary Dicker (off 88 mins)
9. Anthony Elding
10. Matt McNeil
11. Adam Griffin (off 67 mins)
19. Paul Tierney
32. James Smith. 


1. Chris Adamson 
18. Greg Tansey.
20. Liam Dickonson (on 67 mins)
31. Adam Proudlock (on 62 mins)
Dominic Blizzard (on 88 mins)

1. Tony Roberts
19. Danny Foster
15. Anwar Uddin
5. Jon Boardman
12. Scott Griffiths
7. Sam Saunders (off 73 mins)
8. Glen Southam
11. Dave Rainford
3. Sam Sloma (off 60 mins)
14. Paul Benson (off 79 mins)
9. Jon Nurse. 


30. Ed Thompson
2. Magnus Okuonghae 
6. Shane Huke (on 60 mins)
18. Ben Strevens (on 73 mins)
23. Chris Moore (on 79 mins)

Referee: G Salisbury
Attendance: 5,577 (381 away)


DiggerDagger's Man Of The Match

Jon Boardman

Immense at the back

 is an independent website and the views expressed are not necessarily those of Dagenham & Redbridge Football Club