The Site
News Index
Search The Site
About The Site
The Season
Fixtures & Results
League Table
Player Profiles
06/07 Photo Gallery
The Club
Archive 92/93 to 17/18
Match Database
Away Fans Guide
The Terraces
E-mail List
Fun & Games
Daggers Dictionary

 The Poll

Daggers change of ownership: should we...

Stay as we are (Members Club)
Go with the East Consortium
Go with the Tamplin Consortium
Look for another solution

View Current Standings


"Gone Ball"
A Tim Cole clearance, which usually has to be recovered from the car park in Orlake records.(from Alan Mendham)




Next Match

26 January 2019
Aldershot Town
Vanarama National League 

Last Match

19 January 2019
Maidstone United
Vanarama National League 
Won 3-0

     On This Day

In 1994,The Daggers beat Kidderminster Harriers 2-0  Away in the FA Trophy 1st Round

In 2000,The Daggers beat Harrow Borough 4-1 at Home in the Ryman League Premier 

In 2005,The Daggers beat Hereford United 1-0  Away in the Nationwide Conference 

In 2011,The Daggers lost 0-1 to Milton Keynes Dons at Home in the NPower League One 




Mark Janney Gone
by Hardy on 08/06/2005

Daggers have confirmed that Mark Janney has been released following the failure of the player and the club to agree a new contract.

Mark Janney a Dagger no more
The Daggers have confirmed that Mark Janney has been released following the failure of the player and the club to agree a new contract.

In a statement at the Daggers Official site the club say:

Mark Janneys contract ended at the end of the season and he has sat down with manager John Still on numerous occasions since then to discuss his future. John has explained the current wage structure and that the Club was no longer in a position to offer him a new contract on the same terms as his previous one. John wishes it to be known that Mark wasn’t greedy in what he wanted financially but he felt the amount was not enough for him to live on. Talks have now concluded and it was decided that Mark will seek a new club and John wishes him every success at his new club and for the future.

Janners joined the Daggers in September 1997 from Tottenham Hotspur made almost 300 appearances for the Club. Whilst recovering from a hamstring injury in 1999 he spent two months on loan at Braintree Town. Mark has the distinction of scoring in each of the Clubs three FA Cup second round victories against Lincoln City, Exeter City and Crawley Town. He was a crowd favourite with his pacey runs which earned him an England Semi-Professional Cap in 2001 in a match away to Holland in Eindhoven.

DiggerDagger would like to join in wishing Mark a very successful future wherever he ends up and to say thanks for the memories.

Janners slip in a trademark late FA Cup winner last season v Crawley
(copyright Dave Simpson)

Dagger to the core
Mark started his career as a trainee at Tottenham Hotspur. Failing to make an impact at Spurs, he spent a short loan period at Brentford and scored one goal in two appearances.

Released by Tottenham in September 1997, he joined the Daggers and impressed enough in the reserve side to get his chance in the first team. He made his debut in an Essex Senior Cup match at Hornchurch in the November. This performance impressed manager Ted Hardy enough for him to gain a regular first team place and he has become one of the crowd favourites since.

At the start of the 2000/01 season, Mark spent two months on loan to Braintree Town as he recovered from a hamstring injury.

In December 2000, Mark made the national headlines for scoring the late winner for the Daggers in the FA Cup 2nd round match against Lincoln City at Sincil Bank, and has never lived down his subsequent MotD interview. Mark also supplied the cross for The Daggers' goal at The Valley against Charlton Athletic in the 3rd Round, as well as scoring the Daggers' first goal in the Exeter City 2nd Round replay the following season.

In 2002/03 he again scored a vital FA Cup goal, the winner at Crawley to get the Daggers in the FA Cup 3rd round once more. He then laid on the perfect cross for the second Daggers goal against Plymouth Argyle in a televised replay, described as "Beckham'esque" by Mark Lawrenson on MotD.

In the last two seasons Mark has had his injury problems but once again he popped up with a vital FA Cup goal (picture above) against Crawley to put the Daggers through to the First Round proper. He missed the second half of the season altogether though with a back injury and with his contract up and unable to agree a new one he is now rumoured to be heading to one of several Conference clubs and also is said to be talking to old manager Garry Hill about a move to Weymouth.

At Forest Green
(copyright Dave Simpson)

 is an independent website and the views expressed are not necessarily those of Dagenham & Redbridge Football Club