The Site
News Index
Search The Site
About The Site
The Season
Fixtures & Results
League Table
Player Profiles
06/07 Photo Gallery
The Club
Archive 92/93 to 17/18
Match Database
Away Fans Guide
The Terraces
E-mail List
Fun & Games
Daggers Dictionary

 The Poll

Daggers change of ownership: should we...

Stay as we are (Members Club)
Go with the East Consortium
Go with the Tamplin Consortium
Look for another solution

View Current Standings


The act of diving when it's easier to shoot.




Next Match

16 February 2019
Vanarama National League 

Last Match

09 February 2019
Vanarama National League 
Lost 0-1

     On This Day

In 1993,The Daggers lost 0-1 to Wycombe Wanderers Away in the GM Vauxhall Conference 

In 1999,The Daggers beat Aylesbury United 1-0  Away in the Ryman League Premier 

In 2002,The Daggers drew 3-3 with Yeovil Town Away in the Nationwide Conference 

In 2008,The Daggers beat Grimsby Town 4-1  Away in the Coca Cola League Two 

In 2013,The Daggers lost 1-2 to Gillingham Away in the NPower League Two 



Seven stitches

Daggers End Season On A High
by Hardy on 25/04/2005

The Daggers give Barnet an uncomfortable send off to the Football League.

Dagenham & Redbridge


Mackail-Smith 45
Southam 51

Nationwide Conference
Glyn Hopkin Stadium
Saturday 23rd April 2005
Daggers end season on a high
The Daggers gave Conference champions Barnet an honour guard onto the pitch at the Glyn Hopkin Stadium on Saturday then proceeded to give them an uncomfortable send off to the Football League. Rather disrespectfully the visitors made their hosts wait for a good three minutes for them to take the field which was a shame. 

The pitch itself was awful too, having been deteriorating for several weeks and looking in places like a ploughed field. One wonders whether cost cutting has led to problems there as the pitch has looked too dry for a couple of months.

The Daggers lined up much as expected with Scott Griffiths restored to left back and Lee Flynn on the bench. This all changed just three minutes into the game though when a clash of heads saw Lee Goodwin whisked off to hospital for seven stitches in a head wound following a clash of heads. On came ex-Bee Lee Flynn (right) with Scott Griffiths moving up to left midfield and Paul Bruce into the centre.

Barnet had the first chances of the game. Tony Roberts just kept out a decent shot from Nicky Bailey and them Ismail Yakubu should have hit the target from a Graham corner but headed wide.

The Daggers slowly heaved themselves back into contention and had a good chance when Paul Bruce's free kick found Jake Leberl (left) unmarked but the header was straight at Shane Gore in the Barnet goal. 

With three minutes added for the Goodwin injury the Daggers took the lead in the first of them. Again Paul Bruce was the provider of the chance, his corner from the Daggers right missed by everyone and falling to Craig Mackail-Smith (right) on the far post who had a simple tap in.

The Daggers will have enjoyed the half time cuppa better and made the most of a slow start by Barnet by doubling the lead six minutes into the second half. Scott Griffiths burst clear down the left with defenders flailing. His cross looked to be destined for Chris Moore so Gore charged out to meet the Daggers top scorer only for the ball to run through to Glen Southam (left) who again had a tap in.

Barnet looked frustrated and the game started to turn nasty, predictably Ian Hendon getting involved in most of the unpleasantness, either verbally or physically. They rarely looked like getting back into the game though with Guiliano Grazioli getting not a sniff of a goal that would have been his 30th of the season before going off with twenty minutes left in the game after a farewell to Conference football from Ashley Vickers. The closest they came was when Richard Graham eluded the otherwise impeccable Anwar Uddin and saw his shot saved by Roberts legs. 

The Daggers theatened to get a third, coming closest through Scott Griffiths (right) who's well struck shot was saved by Gore. 

In the end John Still had the luxury of giving a brief Conference debut to 17 year old Liam Francis (below) who later was to pick up the Supporters Club Young Player of the Season.

The win sees the Daggers finish 11th after other results did not go their way, but firmly top half, closer to the play offs than the team behind them, who are Crawley Town. An encouraging run of seven games unbeaten will see Daggers fans looking at next season with some optimism.

The play offs will be Stevenage Borough v Hereford United and Aldershot Town v Carlisle United after Tamworth held Morecambe to 0-0 at the Lamb to break the Shrimps hearts. Exeter City also won at Carlisle only to miss out as Stevenage grabbed the last slot in 5th with a home win over relegated Leigh RMI who go down with a record low of 18 points.




1 Tony Roberts
19 Danny Foster
3 Ashley Vickers
15 Anwar Uddin
12 Scott Griffiths (off 83 mins)
8 Glen Southam (off 87 mins)
4 Lee Goodwin (off 3 mins)
6 Jake Leberl
22 Paul Bruce
10 Craig Mackail-Smith
23 Chris Moore


9 Bai Mas Lattejallow
11 Tony Boot
16 Lee Flynn (on 3 mins)
18 Liam Francis (on 87 mins)
21 Jack Midson (on 83 mins)

1 Shane Gore
4 Ian Hendon (off 78 mins)
14 Ismail Yakubu
3 Simon King
6 Anthony Charles
2 Nick Bailey
17 Dwane Lee (off 72 mins)
18 Dean Sinclair
11 Richard Graham
12 Lee Roache
9 Giuliano Grazioli (off 71 mins)


26 Scott Tynan
5 Patrick Ada (on 78 mins)
8 Guy Lopez
10 Ben Strevens (on 71 mins)
24 Damien Batt (on 72 mins)

Referee: Mr D Whitestone
Attendance: 1,923

DiggerDagger's Man Of The Match

Paul Bruce

Moved inside early on and kept the Daggers ticking throughout

 is an independent website and the views expressed are not necessarily those of Dagenham & Redbridge Football Club