The Site
News Index
Search The Site
About The Site
The Season
Fixtures & Results
League Table
Player Profiles
06/07 Photo Gallery
The Club
Archive 92/93 to 17/18
Match Database
Away Fans Guide
The Terraces
E-mail List
Fun & Games
Daggers Dictionary

 The Poll

Daggers change of ownership: should we...

Stay as we are (Members Club)
Go with the East Consortium
Go with the Tamplin Consortium
Look for another solution

View Current Standings


"Tree Surgeon"
One who loves your team more than the team he is supposed to support.




Next Match

16 February 2019
Vanarama National League 

Last Match

09 February 2019
Vanarama National League 
Lost 0-1

     On This Day

In 1993,The Daggers lost 0-1 to Wycombe Wanderers Away in the GM Vauxhall Conference 

In 1999,The Daggers beat Aylesbury United 1-0  Away in the Ryman League Premier 

In 2002,The Daggers drew 3-3 with Yeovil Town Away in the Nationwide Conference 

In 2008,The Daggers beat Grimsby Town 4-1  Away in the Coca Cola League Two 

In 2013,The Daggers lost 1-2 to Gillingham Away in the NPower League Two 



Made his point again

You Booty!
by Hardy on 13/04/2005

The Daggers grabbed a last gasp equaliser at St James' Park yesterday through Tony Boot to all but kill off Exeter City's play off hopes.

Exeter City


Dagenham & Redbridge

Ampadu 11

Boot 90

Nationwide Conference
St James' Park
Tuesday 12th April 2005
You Booty!
The Daggers grabbed a last gasp equaliser at St James' Park yesterday  through Tony Boot to all but kill off Exeter City's play off hopes.

John Still kept faith with the side that has played well in the last two games, with a bench packed with options which came into its own later in the game.

With the Daggers all but mathematically out of the play off race already it was the home side that had to get the win and that was obvious in the early exchanges as they piled forward looking to atone for a poor home defeat to Northwich last Saturday.

Sure enough, with just 11 minutes on the clock, Exeter got their noses in front when the ball was played into the area from Jeannin to Lee Phillips. He brought the ball under control with his chest and was then challenged by Scott Griffiths (right), the ball falling to Kwame Ampadu who smashed the ball into the roof of the net.

Andrew Taylor missed a decent chance to extend the Grecians lead but shot wide before the Daggers got their first real chance of the night, Glen Southam's corner causing havoc in the City defence only for Lee Goodwin to direct his header narrowly over.

Tony Roberts saved well from Gareth Sheldon and then Paul Buckle as Exeter continued to dominate but the Daggers were still a threat, their best chance coming in the 41st minute when Chris Moore found Lee Goodwin (left), unfortunately not the most natural finisher in the side. Lee's shot was firmly struck but was well saved by Paul Jones.

Just on half time Phillips should have made it two but headed wide to leave the Daggers behind but well in touch.

The early periods of the second half were cagey, with Exeter looking to hold what they held rather than take the game to the visitors so much. Chris Moore (right) was unlucky on 66 minutes when his positive run resulted in a shot that was only partially saved, Alex Jeannin getting to the loose ball and clearing just ahead of the Daggers top scorer.

Exeter's Andrew Taylor had a free-kick which was well caught by Roberts as the home side started to visibly tire strangely for a full time side playing at home. The Daggers freshened things up with Tony Boot on for Mackail-Smith and then replaced Shane Blackett who looked to have picked up a knock with Ashley Vickers and Paul Bruce with Jack Midson.

City still had the better chances though with Sheldon having a shot blocked and shortly afterwards Lee Phillips shooting over when he should have hit the target.

With time running out the Daggers had a decent chance to draw level, once again the chance falling to the wrong man in Danny Foster (left) who missed the target. Les Afful, on for Phillips should have wrapped it up in injury time but Roberts saved brilliantly. From the corner Flack forced another save from Roberts, then Sheldon's shot was blocked on the line by Ashley Vickers.

Three minutes into the four added on the Daggers won a free kick just inside their own half when Afful was judged to have fouled. Robbo launched the ball into the Exeter area and the ball came to Scott Griffiths on the left. He crossed and the Exeter defence hesitated allowing Tony Boot to head home an unlikely equaliser.

There was still time for one more chance, and a superb save by Roberts from Jeannin's header just before the final whistle clinched a point for the Daggers and probably means Exeter will not make the playoffs again this season. 

Other results mean that Farnborough Town are definitely relegated with Leigh RMI while Forest Green Rovers have to hope for a miracle to avoid being the third team for the drop, only Canvey Island now also under threat.

At the top, Barnet were confirmed champions on Saturday and wins for Carlisle, Morecambe and Hereford strengthened all of their chances.  




27 Paul Jones
2 Scott Hiley
6 Chris Todd
3 Gary Sawyer
20 Alex Jeannin
11 Gareth Sheldon
29 Paul Buckle
19 Kwame Ampadu
7 Andrew Taylor
34 Lee Phillips (off 89 mins)
14 Steve Flack


17 Martin Rice
4 Danny Clay
22 Les Afful (on 89 mins)
23 Marcus Martin
36 Stephen Tully

1 Tony Roberts
19 Danny Foster
5 Shane Blackett (off 79 mins)
15 Anwar Uddin
12 Scott Griffiths
8 Glen Southam
4 Lee Goodwin
6 Jake Leberl
22 Paul Bruce (off 81 mins)
23 Chris Moore
10 Craig Mackail-Smith (off 73 mins)


27 Martin Brennan
3 Ashley Vickers (on 79 mins)
11 Tony Boot (on 73 mins)
16 Lee Flynn
21 Jack Midson (on 81 mins)

Referee: Mr R. Desmond
Attendance: 2,730

DiggerDagger's Man Of The Match

Tony Roberts

Beaten early on then was magnificent

 is an independent website and the views expressed are not necessarily those of Dagenham & Redbridge Football Club