The Site
News Index
Search The Site
About The Site
The Season
Fixtures & Results
League Table
Player Profiles
06/07 Photo Gallery
The Club
Archive 92/93 to 17/18
Match Database
Away Fans Guide
The Terraces
E-mail List
Fun & Games
Daggers Dictionary

 The Poll

Daggers change of ownership: should we...

Stay as we are (Members Club)
Go with the East Consortium
Go with the Tamplin Consortium
Look for another solution

View Current Standings






Next Match

23 October 2018
Boreham Wood
Emirates FA Cup 4th Qualifying Round Replay

Last Match

20 October 2018
Boreham Wood
Emirates FA Cup 4th Qualifying Round
Drew 2-2

     On This Day

In 1992,The Daggers beat Boston United 2-1  Away in the Conference League Cup 2nd Round

In 1996,The Daggers beat Bishop's Stortford 3-0 at Home in the ICIS League Premier 

In 2000,The Daggers beat Telford United 1-0  Away in the Nationwide Conference 

In 2006,The Daggers lost 1-3 to Kidderminster Harriers at Home in the Nationwide Conference 

In 2008,The Daggers lost 1-2 to Bournemouth Away in the Coca Cola League Two 

In 2014,The Daggers lost 1-3 to Luton Town Away in the Sky Bet League Two 

In 2017,The Daggers lost 0-1 to Wrexham at Home in the Vanarama National League 



Half time changes

Daggers Complete Brewers Double
by Hardy on 06/04/2005

After a dismal first half the Daggers turned the game round to complete a league double over the Brewers.

Dagenham & Redbridge

Burton Albion

Mackail-Smith 54
Leberl 56
Southam 64

Ward 40

Nationwide Conference
Glyn Hopkin Stadium
Tuesday 5th April 2005
Daggers come from behind to win
After a dismal first half the Daggers turned the game round in the second half to take all the points against Burton Albion and complete a league double over the Brewers in the process.

John Still kept faith with the starting eleven that won at Woking, again with a strong bench showing the clubs depth at the moment.

Despite this, the Brewers ran the home side ragged in the first half no doubt fired up by the need to put Saturday's FA Trophy horror show at Grays behind them. Burton had all of the decent early chances but seemed unable to hit the target, Ducros in particular guilty when he fired a great chance over the bar from 8 yards after just nine minutes.

The Daggers slowly hauled themselves back into the game but even so no-one could deny that Burton deserved to take the lead even though it took them 40 minutes to do so. Graham Ward picked his spot from the edge of the area and the ball pinged in off the bar giving Roberts no chance.

It would be no surprise to find that the Daggers need a new set of half time china after that and certainly the home side came out much more up for it in the second half. John Still removed the ineffective Paul Bruce (right) and pushed on Ashley Vickers, Blackett moving to left back and Scott Griffiths given his head up the left of midfield in a move many fans had been wanting to see tried. Bruce was apparently suffering from flu, so quite why he was asked to play through it is a mystery.

The changes worked and suddenly it was all Daggers. Even so the equaliser was a little fortunate after 54 minutes. Griffiths fired in a cross and Chris Moore challenged Burton keeper Daniel Crane and a defender for the ball in the air, the ball eventually dropping to Craig Mackail-Smith (left) to smash in to the roof of the net. The Brewers defenders surrounded the referee demanding that Moore had handled in the challenge, and may well have been right, but the goal stood and it was 1-1. Game on!

The next goal was a classic though just four minutes later, Jake Leberl (right) finding all sorts of space just outside the area as the Burton defence parted to rifle home from 20 yards.

Six minutes later it was 3-1. This time the Burton defence failed to close down Chris Moore near the touchline on the left of the area, who fired across goal. Crane fumbled the ball to Mackail-Smith who prodded it back in under a challenge, but Crane fumbled again and the ball was in. Officially it was given to Glen Southam (left) following up but it would not be a surprise if it was eventually credited an own goal by Crane.

After three goals in ten minutes which knocked the stuffing out of the visitors it was then comfortable for the Daggers who had several other chances to extend their lead while the back four were rarely put under any pressure at all. Tony Boot, on for Chris Moore late on, fizzed a shot just over and with time running out Scott Griffiths, deservedly named the sponsors man of the match, was also just over with a drive from the edge of the area following a corner.

A good win and three in a row now for the Daggers pushing them up to eleventh in the Conference table with three away games to come in eight days starting with the trip to Exeter City next Tuesday.




1 Tony Roberts
19 Danny Foster
15 Anwar Uddin
5 Shane Blackett (off 89 mins)
12 Scott Griffiths
8 Glen Southam
4 Lee Goodwin
6 Jake Leberl
22 Paul Bruce (off 45 mins)
23 Chris Moore (off 76 mins)
10 Craig Mackail-Smith


27 Martin Brennan
3 Ashley Vickers (on 45 mins)
11 Tony Boot (on 76 mins)
16 Lee Flynn (on 89 mins)
21 Jack Midson

21 Daniel Crane
33 Michael Briscoe
24 Barry Miller
22 Ryan Austin
6 Aaron Webster
16 Craig Dudley (off 69 mins)
35 Graham Ward
11 Sam Shilton (off 55 mins)
10 Andrew Ducros (off 21 mins)
23 Jon Shaw
15 Andrew Corbett


31 James Coates
4 Glenn Kirkwood (on 69 mins)
12 Laurie Wilson (on 55 mins)
14 Chris Hall (on 21 mins)
19 Lee Ayres

Referee: Mr S Beck
Attendance: 1,136

DiggerDagger's Man Of The Match

Scott Griffiths

Made the difference when pushed up the field

 is an independent website and the views expressed are not necessarily those of Dagenham & Redbridge Football Club