The Site
News Index
Search The Site
About The Site
The Season
Fixtures & Results
League Table
Player Profiles
06/07 Photo Gallery
The Club
Archive 92/93 to 17/18
Match Database
Away Fans Guide
The Terraces
E-mail List
Fun & Games
Daggers Dictionary

 The Poll

Daggers change of ownership: should we...

Stay as we are (Members Club)
Go with the East Consortium
Go with the Tamplin Consortium
Look for another solution

View Current Standings


The location of Lakeside Shopping Centre, although unfortunately, no football.




Next Match

26 January 2019
Aldershot Town
Vanarama National League 

Last Match

19 January 2019
Maidstone United
Vanarama National League 
Won 3-0

     On This Day

In 1993,The Daggers lost 0-1 to Runcorn Away in the GM Vauxhall Conference 

In 1999,The Daggers drew 3-3 with Enfield at Home in the Ryman League Premier 

In 2007,The Daggers beat Grays Athletic 1-0  Away in the Nationwide Conference 

In 2010,The Daggers lost 1-2 to Shrewsbury Town Away in the Coca Cola League Two 

In 2016,The Daggers drew 2-2 with Newport County Away in the Sky Bet League Two 



Came The Closest

Disappointing Stalemate At The Glyn
by Nelson on 06/02/2005

The Daggers are held to a 0-0 draw by Farnborough. Nelson reports.

Dagenham & Redbridge

Farnborough Town


Nationwide Conference
The Glyn Hopkin Stadium
Saturday 5th February 2005
Disappointing Stalemate At The Glyn
The Daggers were held 0-0 by Farnborough Town today to take just a point from the third of their three home games in a row.

With the Daggers very much down to the bare bones of the squad through injury and suspension, John Still's (left) hand was pretty much forced with regard to team selection.  However, even with this makeshift line-up, the Daggers dominated the match throughout without creating many clear cut chances.

A mixture of good defending and some outstanding goalkeeping from the visitors ensured that the hosts were unable to break the deadlock.

The first half was a frustrating period for the Daggers who, despite their territorial advantage, were unable to break down the 'Boro defence and were restricted to long-range efforts.  The first of these came from Glen Southam (right), but his shot was never likely to beat Mark Osborne.  Steve Clark saw his long range effort gathered by Osborne whilst, at the other end, the visitors' best chance saw Lee Miles head over from a Tony Taggart corner.

The funniest incident of the first half was when the referee prevented the Daggers taking a quick free-kick to ensure that the "wall" were back ten yards.  He paced back the ten yards from the ball to discover that the "wall" was actually over ten yards, causing much amusement to the supporters in the Sieve.

The second half saw a marked improvement in the entertainment level of the game and the hosts pressed hard for the breakthrough that would move them up into the play-off positions.

Shortly after the interval, the Farnborough defence attempted to spring the offside trap, only to see Ashley Vickers (left) somehow beat the trap and find himself clear and one-on-one with the 'keeper.  The ball took an age to fall for Vickers and with him seemingly surprised to be onside, he unleashed a tame effort at Osborne when he had the time to move nearer to the goal before shooting.  Nonetheless, Osborne could only parry Vickers' shot back to the Daggers' defender, but did well to hold Vickers' headed second shot.

With a little under 30 minutes remaining, the visitors had probably the best chance of the match when Nick Burton headed the ball across goal towards John Muhern at the far post, only to see Ashley Vickers clear the ball.

Shortly later, Jay Smith wasted a good chance for Farnborough, tamely shooting the ball straight at Tony Roberts (right).

On several occasions in the second half, promising build-up play down the flanks from Scott Griffiths and Steve Clark was wasted through ineffective passing.  Clark was particularly responsible for this, going on some fantastic runs down the wing before providing an ill-placed cross into no-mans-land.

The Daggers saw a Paul Bruce free-kick curl wide of the far post and Anwar Uddin (right) head the ball at the keeper with the goal at his mercy but their best chance of the match fell to the tireless Mackail-Smith who found himself chasing a flick-on from Vickers.  He seemed to time his volley perfectly, but somehow Osborn managed to tip the ball wide.

The result leaves the Daggers 11th in the table and, whilst dropping two points in this game was disappointing, the Daggers have now only conceded one goal in the last four league matches.  John Still's men certainly lacked penetration in the final ball, and part of this is due to the absence of Chris Moore.  However, Farnborough clearly came to avoid conceding and defended very well, getting men behind the ball and preventing the final pass into the box on several occasions.  With tough matches coming up against Scarborough, Carlisle and Morecambe, John Still will be hoping not to lose any more of his squad - at least there were no bookings in this match to worry about.




1 Tony Roberts
3 Ashley Vickers
6 Jake Leberl
8 Glen Southam
10 Craig Mackail-Smith
11 Tony Boot
12 Scott Griffiths
15 Anwar Uddin
19 Danny Foster
20 Steve Clark
22 Paul Bruce (off 82 min)


27 Martin Brennan
4 Lee Goodwin
5 Shane Blackett (on 82 min)
9 Liam Francis
18 Daniel Maxwell

1 Mark Osborn
4 Nick Burton
7 Gary Holloway
8 Tony Taggart
12 Lee Miles
15 Adam Theo
17 Narada Bernard
18 Paul Harkness (off 45 min)
20 Robert Traynor (off 81 min)
21 Jay Smith
28 Scott Canham


13 David Rogers
6 Michael Charles
23 Adrian Deane (on 81 min)
29 John Mulhern (on 45 min)
30 Robert Williams

Mr D.Whitestone
DiggerDagger's Man Of The Match

Ashley Vickers

Bossed The Defence And Could Have Scored

 is an independent website and the views expressed are not necessarily those of Dagenham & Redbridge Football Club