The Site
News Index
Search The Site
About The Site
The Season
Fixtures & Results
League Table
Player Profiles
06/07 Photo Gallery
The Club
Archive 92/93 to 19/20
Match Database
Away Fans Guide
The Terraces
E-mail List
Fun & Games
Daggers Dictionary

 The Poll

Daggers change of ownership: should we...

Stay as we are (Members Club)
Go with the East Consortium
Go with the Tamplin Consortium
Look for another solution

View Current Standings


A method of away travel favoured by the very young and very old.




Next Match

03 October 2020
FC Halifax Town
Vanarama National League 

Last Match

15 September 2020
Won 6-0

     On This Day

In 1993,The Daggers beat Collier Row 6-4 at Home in the Essex Senior Cup 1st Round

In 1997,The Daggers beat Basingstoke Town 2-1  Away in the Ryman League Premier 

In 2003,The Daggers lost 0-1 to Accrington Stanley at Home in the Nationwide Conference 

In 2005,The Daggers drew 1-1 with York City Away in the Nationwide Conference 

In 2008,The Daggers lost 1-2 to Wycombe Wanderers Away in the Coca Cola League Two 

In 2014,The Daggers drew 1-1 with Cheltenham Town Away in the Sky Bet League Two 



Winning header

Daggers Stop The Rot
by Hardy on 24/01/2005

Sometimes, when you are struggling, what is needed is a scruffy 1-0 win.

Hereford United

Dagenham & Redbridge

Uddin 35

Nationwide Conference
Edgar Street
Saturday 22nd January 2005
Daggers stop the rot
On Thursday I said here "Please John Still and the lads, can you surprise me on Saturday and get a result!" Well done then all involved in scrapping together a 1-0 win at a very tough place to visit, Hereford's Edgar Street to lift some of the gloom of January..

The Daggers deepening injury problems meant that Jake Leberl was missing on Saturday along with Mark Janney and Lee Flynn, who had been predicted to return, and Tim Cole out for two months. In came Danny Foster at right back with Lee Goodwin (right) moving inside and Anni Uddin pushing up to midfield once more. Back also came Glen Southam and Steve Clark who were unavailable against Bishops Stortford.

The Bulls pretty much dominated the match throughout, but the Daggers seemed to always get in a block or a tackle at the right moment, restricting the home side to half chances. When they did get a shot in, there was Tony Roberts (left) again and again to make the save.

The injury crisis soon worsened when Lee Goodwin felt his hamstring go and had to limp off on 25 minutes. The replacement was Tony Boot and the whole team shuffled round to accommodate the change, Mackail-Smith moving out wide, Bruce inside, Uddin back into the back four.

Despite the setback the Daggers soon had their noses in front. Glen Southam (right) clipped a free kick into the area and there was Anwar Uddin whose flick header went in at the far post.  Chris Moore almost made it 2-0 just seconds later but was denied by a last gasp tackle by Simon Travis.

The Bulls had a couple of chances to pull back level before half time but found Roberts' goal unbreachable, but it was pretty clear that the second half would bring an onslaught on the Daggers goal. Craig Mackail-Smith limped in to the break with an ankle problem and failed to return, Shane Blackett replacing him. 

Sure enough the Bulls piled forward, David Brown and Tom Smith both going close, but the Daggers looked threatening on the break. Chris Moore got clear of the Hereford defence but shot wide when Tony Boot was in all sorts of space and shortly after this Paul Bruce was put away by Steve Clark only for Mawson to save.

As the end of the game approached, Hereford piled on more pressure and the Daggers threw themselves in the way more and more desperately all of the back four playing magnificently to hang on to the lead. Ashley Vickers denied Purdie, while Uddin did likewise to get in the way of a Brown effort.

There were four minutes added time during which Hereford had a couple more chances, but in the end the Daggers hung on somehow to take all three points.

A great win then, not necessarily in terms of the performance, but in character. It leaves the Daggers 13th but the closeness of the race above them saw several of the top half lose, leaving the them still only six points off 4th place.

On the debit side, with the team already carrying a number of injuries, several more knocks were picked up today. Both Lee Goodwin (hamstring) and Craig Mackail-Smith (ankle) having to be withdrawn, and by the end of the 90 Scott Griffiths (left) had also limped off and Paul Bruce was also feeling a knock. 

Already missing were Tim Cole (knee), Mark Janney (thigh strain) and Lee Flynn with a back injury. Jake Leberl has bruising on his neck and shoulders and missed out today leaving the Daggers squad looking a little threadbare.

It will be interesting to see what sort of team takes the field in the virtually meaningless GLS Cup game at Ashford against Margate on Tuesday and the Daggers face three home games in a week next week, starting with the visit of Gravesend & Northfleet on Saturday. 




35 Craig Mawson
2 Ryan Green (off 45 mins)
4 Tom Smith
6 Tony James
3 Simon Travis
21 Joe Anyinsah
8 Jamie Pitman
15 Craig Stanley
7 Danny Williams (off 45 mins)
9 Adam Stansfield (off 38 mins)
10 David Brown


14 Ben Scott
11 Robert Purdie (on 38 mins)
17 Tamika Mkandawire
19 Lee Mills (on 45 mins)
20 Mark Robinson (on 45 mins)

1 Tony Roberts
19 Danny Foster
4 Lee Goodwin (off 28 mins)
3 Ashley Vickers
12 Scott Griffiths (off 69 mins)
20 Steven Clark
15 Anwar Uddin
8 Glen Southam
22 Paul Bruce
23 Chris Moore
10 Craig Mackail-Smith (off 45 mins) 


73 Simon Overland
5 Shane Blackett (on 45 mins)
11 Tony Boot (on 28 mins)
14 Matthew Judge
24 Tom McGowen (on 69 mins)

Referee: Ms A Rayner
Attendance: 2,510

DiggerDagger's Man Of The Match

Danny Foster

Defended well and is another great prospect

 is an independent website and the views expressed are not necessarily those of Dagenham & Redbridge Football Club