The Site
News Index
Search The Site
About The Site
The Season
Fixtures & Results
League Table
Player Profiles
06/07 Photo Gallery
The Club
Archive 92/93 to 17/18
Match Database
Away Fans Guide
The Terraces
E-mail List
Fun & Games
Daggers Dictionary

 The Poll

Daggers change of ownership: should we...

Stay as we are (Members Club)
Go with the East Consortium
Go with the Tamplin Consortium
Look for another solution

View Current Standings


Someone or something known almost entirely only by initials.




Next Match

16 February 2019
Vanarama National League 

Last Match

09 February 2019
Vanarama National League 
Lost 0-1

     On This Day

In 1993,The Daggers lost 0-1 to Wycombe Wanderers Away in the GM Vauxhall Conference 

In 1999,The Daggers beat Aylesbury United 1-0  Away in the Ryman League Premier 

In 2002,The Daggers drew 3-3 with Yeovil Town Away in the Nationwide Conference 

In 2008,The Daggers beat Grimsby Town 4-1  Away in the Coca Cola League Two 

In 2013,The Daggers lost 1-2 to Gillingham Away in the NPower League Two 




Daggers Blow It Again
by Hardy on 10/01/2005

The Daggers found a way to lose again against struggling Northwich Victoria.

Dagenham & Redbridge


Northwich Victoria


Bruce 39
Moore (pen) 72

Quayle 8
Quayle 61
Mayman 64

Nationwide Conference
Glyn Hopkin Stadium
Saturday 8 January 2005
Daggers blow it again
The Daggers found a way to lose again against struggling Northwich Victoria at the Glyn Hopkin Stadium going down 3-2 despite dominating most of the game and having most of the best chances.

John Still was forced into making changes with Tim Cole and Lee Flynn injured and Glen Southam suspended. In came Scott Griffiths at left back for a debut, Steve Clark starting wide left and Mark Janney back at right midfield. Paul Bruce dropped in to the centre of midfield alongside Jake Leberl and Matt Harrold started on the bench allowing Craig Mackail-Smith to slot in next to Chris Moore up front.

The Vics started the better and carved a great opening after six minutes, Mark Quayle getting in space for a free header that was directed too close to Tony Roberts. Just two minutes later the Daggers let Quayle have space again and this time he found the net from Danny Mayman's free kick.

This setback finally woke the Daggers up and they steamed forwards, Steve Clark and Chris Moore in particular looking dangerous. On 22 minutes they missed a sitter, Chris Moore getting some space on the left hand side of the area and crossing to Mark Janney coming in at the right hand post. Janney (right) met the ball three yards out and just had to hit the target but the ball flew over.   

The Vics looked a decent side as they moved the ball around whenever they got the chance to but the Daggers kept pressing them back. Mark Janney made some amends for his miss in setting up the equaliser in six minutes before the half when he burst in to the area and crossed to Chris Moore at the far post. Moore's header was met by Paul Bruce (left) sliding in to make it 1-1.

Just two minutes later Ashley Vickers went close when he met a Mackail-Smith corner at the far post but the ball was just over. Certainly the Daggers fans half time tea tasted better for the 1-1 scoreline and all looked well for the second half.

Craig Mackail-Smith (right) should have put the Daggers ahead just four minutes into the second half but he headed Mark Janney's corner just wide of the post.

The Daggers had not learnt their lesson though and let the Vics retake the lead just after the hour. Again it was a Mayman cross and an unmarked Mark Quayle that headed home after Scott Griffiths failed to clear, his only real mistake of an extremely promising first team debut.

2-1 became 3-1 just three minutes later in something of a bizarre fashion when Danny Mayman's cross from the Vics right to the far post deceived Tony Roberts (left) and pinged back onto him and in. 

The Daggers piled forward looking to get back into the game again and made it 3-2 in the 72nd minute when Chris Moore was fouled in the box, referee McDermid pointing to the spot in one of the few decisions that he gave the home team all day. Moore picked himself up and slammed home the penalty.

John Still sent on Matt Harrold (right) shortly after this, playing three up looking for another equaliser. Chris Moore had a shot just blocked as the Daggers hammered at the Vics defence, then Steve Clark really should have scored, a great running leaving him with just Connett to beat but the shot blazed over the bar.

Paul Bruce had a header cleared off the line as the minutes ticked away, and John Still sent on another forward in Tony Boot. The last chance fell to Mackail-Smith but his attempted lob was just clawed away by Connett to give the visitors the three points. 

The result leaves the Daggers still 13th and results elsewhere mean they are still only seven points off the play off places even if their current form says they have no chance of getting there. 3rd to 12th are now covered by just three points in a hugely competitive race for the play offs.




1 Tony Roberts
15 Anwar Uddin
3 Ashley Vickers
4 Lee Goodwin
12 Scott Griffiths
7 Mark Janney (off 72 mins)
22 Paul Bruce (off 86 mins)
6 Jake Leberl
20 Steve Clark
10 Craig Mackail-Smith
23 Chris Moore


27 Martin Brennan
5 Shane Blackett
11 Tony Boot (on 86 mins)
18 Matt Harrold (on 72 mins)
19 Danny Foster

22 Ben Connett
24 Matt Garner (off 82 mins)
19 Peter Band (off 70 mins)
21 Peter Handyside
3 Kieran Charnock
8 Steve Garvey
12 Mark Devlin
5 Neil Brisco
6 Danny Mayman
9 John Allan
10 Mark Quayle


1 Andrew Ralph
2 Chris Royle (on 70 mins)
16 Phil Carratt
18 Paul Brayson
27 Mark Briggs (on 82 mins)

Referee: Mr D McDermid

DiggerDagger's Man Of The Match

Chris Moore

Had a great game and did not deserve to be on the losing side

 is an independent website and the views expressed are not necessarily those of Dagenham & Redbridge Football Club