The Site
News Index
Search The Site
About The Site
The Season
Fixtures & Results
League Table
Player Profiles
06/07 Photo Gallery
The Club
Archive 92/93 to 17/18
Match Database
Away Fans Guide
The Terraces
E-mail List
Fun & Games
Daggers Dictionary

 The Poll

Daggers change of ownership: should we...

Stay as we are (Members Club)
Go with the East Consortium
Go with the Tamplin Consortium
Look for another solution

View Current Standings


What happens when you play football with a hangover.




Next Match

26 January 2019
Aldershot Town
Vanarama National League 

Last Match

19 January 2019
Maidstone United
Vanarama National League 
Won 3-0

     On This Day

In 1993,The Daggers lost 0-1 to Runcorn Away in the GM Vauxhall Conference 

In 1999,The Daggers drew 3-3 with Enfield at Home in the Ryman League Premier 

In 2007,The Daggers beat Grays Athletic 1-0  Away in the Nationwide Conference 

In 2010,The Daggers lost 1-2 to Shrewsbury Town Away in the Coca Cola League Two 

In 2016,The Daggers drew 2-2 with Newport County Away in the Sky Bet League Two 



Saw Red

Leberl Off As Daggers Lose Again
by Hardy on 22/11/2004

The Daggers lost 1-0 at Brunton Park at the weekend, with Hawley grabbing a late winner for second placed Carlisle United.

Carlisle United

Dagenham & Redbridge

Hawley 88

Leberl s/o 80

Nationwide Conference
Brunton Park
Saturday 20th November 2004
Leberl Off As Daggers Lose Again
The Daggers can count themselves a little unfortunate to lose this game so late in the game as once again poor discipline let them down after they held a very good Carlisle United team for most of the 90 minutes.

The Daggers lined up with the same sixteen as at Orient with the only change being the return of Chris Moore to the starting eleven with Stuart Douglas (right) dropping to the bench.

The Daggers made a decent start in front of nearly six thousand, and with a travelling contingent of over 100 making lots of noise. They took the game to Carlisle early on, and had the first attempt on goal as Craig Mackail-Smith’s long range shot was saved by Carlisle keeper Matthew Glennon. Chris Moore also went close before Carlisle got into the action when Vieira (no not THAT Vieira) hit a long range effort that sailed inches over the crossbar.

Carlisle came more and more into the game and Tony Roberts had to be his best to save a free-kick from Chris Lumsdon. Chris Billy also went close and Hawley found the side-netting with Vieira screaming for the square pass. It was Craig Mackail-Smith (left) who missed the best chance of the first half though when he hesitated, possibly thinking he was off-side when through one-on-one with Glennon and then shot weakly straight at the keeper.

As the first half came to a close United were well on top. Hawley's shot was blocked by Lee Goodwin and then Kevin Gray headed a Lumsden corner wide of the target.

The half time tea did not change too much in the game and The Daggers were under the cosh again early in the second half with Hawley the main threat, shooting just wide when well placed. Chris Moore then had a a shot blocked as the Daggers reminded United that there were still two teams in the game.

The Daggers looked to have weathered the storm though until Jake Leberl (right) collected a second yellow card and was sent off with ten minutes to play. The two offences occurred within five minutes of each other and although the second tackle was more poorly timed than vicious it left the Daggers exposed a man short and was a situation that could have been avoided.

Carlisle made the Daggers pay full price for the dismissal when Karl Hawley scored the winner in the 88th minute when he got on the end of McGill's cross from the right.

Although John Still sent on Stuart Douglas it was game over and a long journey home for the team and supporters alike.

The result leaves the Daggers top of one league though, embarrassingly they are now top of the disciplinary table with six red cards in just seventeen games.




1 Matthew Glennon
14 Brian Shelley 
6 Kevin Gray 
18 Simon Grand 
3 Tom Cowan (off 85 mins) 
7 Brendan McGill 
8 Chris Billy 
17 Chris Lumsdon 
23 Magno Vieira (off 66 mins) 
19 Karl Hawley 
9 Andy Preece (off 77 mins)


20 Kieren Westwood
2 Paul Arnison (on 85 mins) 
5 Lee Andrews
12 Kevin Henderson (on 77 mins) 
15 Carlos Roca (on 66 mins) 

1 Tony Roberts 
4 Lee Goodwin 
2 Tim Cole 
3 Ashley Vickers 
16 Lee Flynn 
7 Mark Janney (off 89 mins) 
6 Jake Leberl
15 Anwar Uddin 
8 Glen Southam 
23 Chris Moore 
10 Craig Mackail-Smith


27 Martin Brennan
5 Shane Blackett
9 Stuart Douglas (on 89 mins)
11 Tony Boot 
12 Scott Griffiths

Referee: Mr C. Harwood
Attendance: 5,862

DiggerDagger's Man Of The Match



 is an independent website and the views expressed are not necessarily those of Dagenham & Redbridge Football Club