The Site
News Index
Search The Site
About The Site
The Season
Fixtures & Results
League Table
Player Profiles
06/07 Photo Gallery
The Club
Archive 92/93 to 19/20
Match Database
Away Fans Guide
The Terraces
E-mail List
Fun & Games
Daggers Dictionary

 The Poll

Daggers change of ownership: should we...

Stay as we are (Members Club)
Go with the East Consortium
Go with the Tamplin Consortium
Look for another solution

View Current Standings


A dead man walking... and walking, and walking, and...




Next Match

27 October 2020
Maidenhead United
Vanarama National League 

Last Match

24 October 2020
Hartley Wintney
Emirates FA Cup 4th Qualifying Round
Won 1-0

     On This Day

In 1998,The Daggers drew 1-1 with Wealdstone at Home in the FA Trophy 1st Round

In 2001,The Daggers drew 2-2 with Basingstoke Town Away in the FA Cup 4th Qualifying Round

In 2007,The Daggers lost 0-2 to Rotherham United at Home in the Coca Cola League Two 

In 2012,The Daggers drew 0-0 with Aldershot Town at Home in the NPower League Two 

In 2018,The Daggers beat Harrogate Town 2-1 at Home in the Vanarama National League 



Another Goal

Farnborough Town Report
by Nelson on 16/03/2004

Report from Cherrywood Road where some incompetent refereeing hands Farnborough Town an undeserved share of the points.

Farnborough Town

Dagenham & Redbridge

Fashanu 76
Roberts 90 og

Braithwaite 11
Moore 24

Nationwide Conference
Cherrywood Road
Saturday 13th March 2004
Daggers Denied
The Daggers on Saturday were cruelly denied the win that they deserved at Farnborough Town's Cherrywood Road thanks to a very late and contentious equaliser.

The visitors came out all guns blazing, belying their somewhat makeshift starting line-up and could have taken the lead in the first minute when a cornerwas taken deep and headed back across the goal by Chris Moore, but Tim Cole's header was tame and Mark Osborn was able to pluck the ball out of the air.

It wasn't long, though, before the Daggers did take the lead. The ball was crossed from the left by Paul Bruce and both Leon Braithwaite (right) and a Farnborough defender tried to make contact. It's not clear if Leon actually made contact with the ball, but it found its way into the corner of the net and Leon was credited with the goal.

Within a minute, Nick Burton put a header just wide of Tony Roberts' post from a corner.

Jimmy Jackson (left) came close to scoring his second goal for the club when he powered a shot from the edge of the area but it went just wide of the post.

With 25 minutes on the clock, Chris Moore (right) once again proved his worth, adding the Daggers' second of the game. He picked up the ball in midfield and went on a run, beating the Farnborough defence for speed before blasting his shot into the corner of the net.

Jackson again tried his luck, but Osborn was equal to his long-range effort. Janney and Bruce both saw shots saved and, for the hosts, Howard Forington came closest, heading over from a corner.

With the Daggers having been by far the better side in the first half, the second half came as something as a disappointment.

Early in the half, Lee Goodwin (left) made his return to first team action, replacing the injured Mark Janney.

At this point, the Daggers were still just about on top and, indeed, nearly put the game beyond 'Boro when Paul Bruce's long range shot beat Osborn, but also sailed just over the bar.

On 77 minutes, the referee made the first of two major mistakes that cost the Daggers the win. 'Boro substitute, Andre Fashanu clearly handled the ball on the edge of the area. The referee waved play on and Fashanu rounded Roberts to pull an undeserved goal back for the hosts.

From this point in the match, the Daggers appeared to lose their way and Farnborough raised their game somewhat.

Ben Eaton (right) came closest for the Daggers, firing a shot from within the area, but Osborn saved well.

Seconds from the end of added time, Farnborough won a corner and pushed everyone forward including Osborn. The corner was taken from the right and was cleanly caught by Tony Roberts (left), only for him to be pulled down and into the net by one of the Farnborough players, causing him to lose his grip on the ball and drop it into the net.

The incompetent idiot masquerading as a referee somehow saw this a perfectly fair play and allowed the goal to stand. He must have been the only person in the entire ground that didn't see the foul.

The decision sparked a great deal of protestation from the Dagenham & Redbridge players and officials. The goal was awarded as a Tony Roberts own goal.




1 Mark Osborn 
15 Adam Theo 
4 Nick Burton 
21 Anthony Charles 
3 Adie Hayes 
19 Matt Pattison 
8 Matthew Beall 
16 Richard Hodgson 
12 Paul Harkness (off 69 mins)
14 Ali Chaaban (off 45 mins)
27 Howard Forington (off 81 mins)


30 Ebali Doudou (on 45 mins)
13 John Ashwood 
9 Ken Charlery (on 81 mins)
26 Sombili Jalo Iffufoli
14 Andre Fashanu (on 69 mins) 

1 Tony Roberts
19 Tarkan Mustafa
22 Mark Venus
2 Tim Cole
26 Alan Kimble
7 Mark Janney (off 49 mins)
16 Jimmy Jackson
6 Chris Piper
11 Paul Bruce (off 90 mins)
23 Chris Moore (off 66 mins)
15 Leon Braithwaite 


27 Abiodun Baruwa
4 Lee Goodwin (on 49 mins)
5 Ben Eaton (on 66 mins)
10 Tony Perfect (on 90 mins)
24 Tom McGowen

Referee: Mr R.Vaughan
Attendance: 787

DiggerDagger's Man Of The Match

Paul Bruce

Worked hard all match

 is an independent website and the views expressed are not necessarily those of Dagenham & Redbridge Football Club