The Site
News Index
Search The Site
About The Site
The Season
Fixtures & Results
League Table
Player Profiles
06/07 Photo Gallery
The Club
Archive 92/93 to 19/20
Match Database
Away Fans Guide
The Terraces
E-mail List
Fun & Games
Daggers Dictionary

 The Poll

Daggers change of ownership: should we...

Stay as we are (Members Club)
Go with the East Consortium
Go with the Tamplin Consortium
Look for another solution

View Current Standings


The act of not getting sent off despite kicking the cr4p out of your opponent for the whole game, the opposite of a "Heffer".




Next Match

27 October 2020
Maidenhead United
Vanarama National League 

Last Match

24 October 2020
Hartley Wintney
Emirates FA Cup 4th Qualifying Round
Won 1-0

     On This Day

In 1998,The Daggers drew 1-1 with Wealdstone at Home in the FA Trophy 1st Round

In 2001,The Daggers drew 2-2 with Basingstoke Town Away in the FA Cup 4th Qualifying Round

In 2007,The Daggers lost 0-2 to Rotherham United at Home in the Coca Cola League Two 

In 2012,The Daggers drew 0-0 with Aldershot Town at Home in the NPower League Two 

In 2018,The Daggers beat Harrogate Town 2-1 at Home in the Vanarama National League 



Round 4

Arlesey Town Report
by Hardy on 31/01/2004

The Daggers scrape into the hat for the 5th round with a draw at home to Arlesey Town.

Dagenham & Redbridge

Arlesey Town

Braithwaite 4
K Jackson 32
K Jackson 73

Midson 30
Mustafa og 49
Gutzmore pen 65

FA Trophy 3rd Round
Glyn Hopkin Stadium
Saturday 10th January 2004
Daggers nearly blown out

The Daggers will go into the hat for the FA Trophy 5th Round on Monday but will need to win a tricky looking replay at Arlesey on Tuesday if they are to take their place in the last 16.

Ashley Vickers made a return from injury to replace suspended skipper Tim Cole alongside Matt Rees in the heart of defence as the Daggers fielded their best available eleven against the Ryman Division One North team, the only other significant change being Danny Shipp (right) in central midfield for Danny Hill.

On a classic cup upset day, 9 of the other 16 FA Trophy 4th round ties were off, and the strong wind gusting straight down the ground from the Pondfield End with occasional horizontal rain thrown in for good measure was going to be a factor throughout the match.

The Daggers had a dream start when Leon Braithwaite (left) scored after just four minutes. A loopy cross came in from the left and while the Arlesey defence stood back Braithwaite calmly nodded it in. The fans sat back and waited for the floodgates to open, and shots from Tarkan Mustafa and Kirk Jackson almost extended the lead.

Arlesey were not in the mood to surrender though and they repeatedly threatened to get at the back line, the Daggers midfield guilty of pushing up too far on more than one occasion. The Blues served notice of their intentions on 22 minutes when they broke and Craig Mackail-Smith forced Naisbitt into a save and desperate defending from the Daggers defence kept out follow up shots from Jack Midson and Dean Harding.

Arlesey kept going and grabbed a deserved equaliser on 30 minutes when they broke again and Harding's backheel was perfect for Midson, who sidefooted into the corner the net.

Two minutes later the Daggers were back in front. Kirk Jackson grabbed his first goal for the club heading emphatically home from Chris Piper's corner from the left.

Both teams had chances to add to the score before half time, Matt Rees just failing to react quickly enough to Jimmy Jackson's cross when almost any kind of touch had to score.

With the wind now at the visitors backs they started the second half strongest and were level after 49 minutes. Another great fast break freed Craig Mackail-Smith who shot across goal, the ball coming off Tarkan Mustafa and in.

Once again the Daggers stormed forward. Jimmy Jackson's free kick crashing back off the post, but Arlesey were still causing havoc on the break against a stretched Daggers back four. A hopeful punt up field led to the visitors getting their noses in front when Ashley Vickers header back to Naisbitt fell short. Mackail-Smith was on it like a flash and rounded Naisbitt only to be brought down.

Once again it was just yellow for Naisbitt as Abiodun Baruwa stripped off on the sidelines. The Penalty sent Naisbitt the wrong way and the Daggers were staring at a hugely embarrassing defeat.

Danny Hill replaced Chris Piper and it was Hill's pass to Kirk Jackson that led to the equaliser, a thundering shot from outside the area that screamed in.

The Daggers pushed on looking to finish the tie off and thought they had when Jimmy Jackson's corner from the right flew straight in at the far post but the effort was ruled out due to a push by Ashley Vickers.

All credit to Arlesey Town for a fabulous display and the Daggers have to do it all again at Arlesey on Tuesday night.




73 Danny Naisbitt
19 Tarkan Mustafa
3 Ashley Vickers
18 Matthew Rees
16 Jimmy Jackson
7 Mark Janney
6 Chris Piper (off 66 mins)
9 Danny Shipp
11 Paul Bruce (off 76 mins)
17 Kirk Jackson
15 Leon Braithwaite


27 Abiodun Baruwa
14 Danny Hill (on 66 mins)
26 Alan Kimble (on 76 mins)
10 Tony Perfect
24 Tom McGowen

1 Martyn Patching
2 Martin Young
3 Steve Magona (off)
4 Lee Tekell (off)
5 Matthew Corbould
6 Andy Theodosiou
7 Stuart Beevor
8 Jack Midson
9 Dean Harding
10 Leon Gutzmore
11 Craig Mackail-Smith (off)


12 Tony Fontenelle (on)
14 Shane Blackett (on)
15 Nathan Buckland
16 Richard Pringle
17 Danny Griggs (on)

Referee: Mr A. Conn
Attendance: 1,045

DiggerDagger's Man Of The Match

Kirk Jackson

Sign him up Garry

 is an independent website and the views expressed are not necessarily those of Dagenham & Redbridge Football Club