The Site
News Index
Search The Site
About The Site
The Season
Fixtures & Results
League Table
Player Profiles
06/07 Photo Gallery
The Club
Archive 92/93 to 19/20
Match Database
Away Fans Guide
The Terraces
E-mail List
Fun & Games
Daggers Dictionary

 The Poll

Daggers change of ownership: should we...

Stay as we are (Members Club)
Go with the East Consortium
Go with the Tamplin Consortium
Look for another solution

View Current Standings


A severe injury gained in an obscure or unbelievable manner.




Next Match

27 October 2020
Maidenhead United
Vanarama National League 

Last Match

24 October 2020
Hartley Wintney
Emirates FA Cup 4th Qualifying Round
Won 1-0

     On This Day

In 1998,The Daggers drew 1-1 with Wealdstone at Home in the FA Trophy 1st Round

In 2001,The Daggers drew 2-2 with Basingstoke Town Away in the FA Cup 4th Qualifying Round

In 2007,The Daggers lost 0-2 to Rotherham United at Home in the Coca Cola League Two 

In 2012,The Daggers drew 0-0 with Aldershot Town at Home in the NPower League Two 

In 2018,The Daggers beat Harrogate Town 2-1 at Home in the Vanarama National League 



Watts consolation

Aldershot Town Report (Home)
by Nelson on 26/12/2003

The Daggers go down to Aldershot in a passionate Boxing Day encounter, losing Ashley Vickers once more to two yellow cards.

Dagenham & Redbridge

Aldershot Town

Moore 35
Watts 90

Vickers s/o 65

Miller 20
Miller 23
Mumford 79

Nationwide Conference
Glyn Hopkin Stadium
Friday 26th December 2003
12 noon
Daggers go down to Shots
The Daggers were beaten 3-2 by a combination of Aldershot Town and some staggeringly inept officiating on Boxing Day in front of a disappointingly low crowd.

The first indication that it wasn't to be the Daggers' game came within the first few minutes when the impressive Chris Moore (left copyright Simmo) forced Nicky Bull into a fine save.

Shortly afterwards came the first of a number of dreadful decisions by the idiots masquerading as referees.  

Paul Bruce (right) crossed the ball, only for Ray Warburton to handle the ball in the area in a manner that would earn him a place in the Harlem Globetrotters team.  

Seemingly, the only two people who failed to spot this flagrant breach of the laws of the game were the referee and his assistant.  This is despite the fact that the assistant referee had a perfect view of the incident.  Had this been handled properly, there can be no doubt that Warburton would have been dismissed and the Daggers awarded a penalty.  Instead, they had to be content with a throw-in.

With a quarter of an hour of the match gone, Ashley Vickers (left) cam agonisingly close to opening the scoring, seeing his point blank header parried by Bull and his followup header somehow cleared off the line and to safety.

Then with the Daggers playing some of their best football of the season and working together as a unit, disaster struck.  Totally against the run of play, the visitors notched up two goals in quick succession.  First, Aaron Mclean miskicked his shot which fell kindly for Adam Miller and, with Naisbitt wrongfooted, he fired home a good right-footed shot from the edge of the area.

Spurred on by this, the visitors again went on the attack and were awarded a dubious free-kick on the left touchline.  Miller attempted a floated cross but the wind turned it into a shot and it sailed over the hapless Naisbitt to leave the Daggers chasing the game.

The Daggers did what they could and forced their way back into the game on 35 minuted when Mark Bentley's (right copyright Simmo) throw found Chris Moore and he turned well to volley the ball into the roof of the net.

The Daggers thought they had pulled level with time in the first half rapidly running out when a far post cross found Leon Braithwaite (left) but somehow Bull pulled off an incredible save when a goal looked certain.

The first half also saw a number of bookings, including the Shots' Mclean for diving in the area.  On at least two other occasions, the "referee" spoke to Mclean for repeating his Greg Luganis impressions but failed to follow this up with a deserved second yellow card.

With 21 minutes gone, Ashley Vickers was shown a yellow card for a foul.

There was also a significant incident towards the end of the half when Danny Shipp (right) mistimed a tackle and accidentally slid into Andrew Mumford.  Mumford's reaction was to punch Shipp and push him over in a clearly violent reaction to an innocuous and accidental foul that should have seen Mumford sent-off.  This all happened about 5 yards in front of the referee and yet he failed to penalise either Shipp's foul or Mumford's violent conduct.

The second half saw both keepers in action, with Naisbitt saving well with his feet from Mclean and Bull tipping substitute, Steve Watts (left) powerful volley onto the bar.

With around an hour on the clock, the first signs of the other side of the impressive Bull came to the fore when he started his timewasting tactics.

After 65 minutes, a seemingly 50/50 collision between Vickers and Jon Challinor saw Ashley Vickers shown his second yellow card for an elbow and the Daggers now found themselves a man as well as a goal down.

Chasing the game, the Daggers came close to levelling when Chris Moore crossed for Steve Watts but his shot drifted just wide of the post.

With 80 minutes on the clock, Mumford (who, by this time should not have been on the field) put the result beyond doubt.  His well-placed shot found the very corner of the goal, beyond Naisbitt's reach.

With Bull having been taking an age about every goal-kick, it was no surprise that there was a significant amount of time to add on, but the 5 minutes that were added should really have been 15.  A quality referee would have warned Bull about his antics much earlier in the game to stamp it out.

With time rapidly disappearing, the Daggers pulled it back to 3-2 when Watts fired home from close range and there was still time for Mark Bentley to attempt a last gasp equaliser but his header was wide and the visitors undeservedly took all three points.

The result certainly sets up an interesting encounter on New Years' Day.  One can only hope that the referee is capable of handling the match somewhat better than Mr Woolmer. 




73 Danny Naisbitt
19 Tarkan Mustafa
2 Tim Cole
3 Ashley Vickers
16 Jimmy Jackson
18 Mark Bentley
9 Danny Shipp
6 Chris Piper (off 64 mins)
11 Paul Bruce (off 56 mins)
15 Leon Braithwaite
23 Chris Moore


27 Abiodun Baruwa
14 Danny Hill (on 64 mins)
5 Tony Perfect
10 Ben Eaton
22 Steve Watts (on 56 mins)

1 Nikki Bull
6 Dominic Sterling
5 Ray Warburton
34 Bradley Thomas
2 Dean Hooper
8 Andrew Mumford
19 Jon Challinor (off 87 mins)
3 Jason Chewins (off 66 mins)
26 Adam Miller
10 Roscoe D'Sane
11 Aaron McLean (off 89 mins)


22 Richard Barnard
9 Tim Sills
14 John Nutter (on 66 mins)
17 Michael Harper (on 89 mins)
15 Rob Westell (on 87 mins)

Referee: K.Woolmer
Attendance: 1,625

DiggerDagger's Man Of The Match

Chris Moore

A bright spark throughout for the Daggers

 is an independent website and the views expressed are not necessarily those of Dagenham & Redbridge Football Club