The Site
News Index
Search The Site
About The Site
The Season
Fixtures & Results
League Table
Player Profiles
06/07 Photo Gallery
The Club
Archive 92/93 to 18/19
Match Database
Away Fans Guide
The Terraces
E-mail List
Fun & Games
Daggers Dictionary

 The Poll

Daggers change of ownership: should we...

Stay as we are (Members Club)
Go with the East Consortium
Go with the Tamplin Consortium
Look for another solution

View Current Standings


The ability to polarise opinion.




Next Match

14 March 3020
Vanarama National League 

Last Match

10 March 2020
AFC Fylde
Vanarama National League 
Lost 1-2

     On This Day

In 1993,The Daggers beat Colchester United 5-0 at Home in a friendly match

In 1994,The Daggers lost 2-3 to Peterborough United at Home in a friendly match

In 1996,The Daggers drew 2-2 with Baldock Town Away in a friendly match

In 2005,The Daggers drew 3-3 with Bishop's Stortford Away in a friendly match

In 2011,The Daggers beat Macclesfield Town 1-0  Away in the NPower League Two 

In 2013,The Daggers lost 2-3 to Brentford Away in the Capital One Cup First Round

In 2016,The Daggers beat Southport 3-0 at Home in the Vanarama National League 

In 2019,The Daggers beat Dover Athletic 2-1  Away in the Vanarama National League 



Stein Brace

Morecambe Report
by Nelson on 02/05/2003

A Mark Stein brace gives the Daggers a single goal advantage going into Monday's Play-Off Semi-Final second leg at Christie Park. Full report to follow.

Dagenham & Redbridge


Stein 7
Stein 69 (pen)

Drummond 29

Nationwide Conference
Play-Off Semi-Final First Leg

Victoria Road
Thursday 1st May 2003
Advantage Daggers
The Daggers head up to Christie Park on Bank Holiday Monday with the narrowest of advantages having won by the odd goal in three at Victoria Road.

The Daggers 16 was still without Junior McDougald , not risked yet, and Ashley Vickers who was feeling unwell. As a result Lee Goodwin played left back and Tarkan Mustafa right back in an unbalanced looking defence.

The Daggers made light of their problems though by storming to an early lead. In the seventh minute Tim Cole found Paul Terry who played Mark Stein (left) in on goal and Steino crashed a shot past Mawson.

Just over a minute later Morecambe showed that they were not going to lie down as Drummond's shot hammered back off the post.

The Daggers had the better of the first 20 minutes or do, but Morecambe began to take control, particularly wide where Mustafa and Goodwin were twisted and turned repeatedly by Thompson and Elam. It wasn't a night for fullbacks though as Mark Janney (right) and John McGrath also caused danger whenever they ran at Morecambe, Perkins in particular having a torrid night.

Just on the half hour Morecambe were level predictably having got away down the Daggers left. Thompson's cross caused panic in the Daggers defence and Tim Cole's attempted clearance hit Stewart Drummond in the face and bounced past Robbo.

Rigoglioso, always a thorn in the Daggers side in recent meetings could have put the Shimps ahead but he shot over and the Daggers were probably grateful to get to half time level.

The Daggers came out in the second half playing much better though and created several good openings, John McGrath (left) in particular shooting just over having been put in by Janney.

As the half dragged on the Daggers didn't panic though and in the 69th minute a slick passing move freed Paul Terry to run in one on one with Mswson. Drummond stretched out a leg in desparation and tripped Terry for a cast iron penalty.

Inexplicably, the normally card happy Mr Kettle decided a yellow was enough for Drummond. Mark Stein though made Morecambe really pay by slamming home the penalty. to put the Daggers back in front.

The Daggers stormed forward looking for what may be a decisive two goal margin to take to the second leg but Morecambe managed to hold out. As a result, both teams will be confident going into the second leg next Monday.

In the other semi final, Doncaster left it until the 93rd minute to grab an equaliser to take that game back to Chester City's Deva Stadium at 1-1.




1 Tony Roberts
2 Tim Cole
17 Lee Matthews
19 Tarkan Mustafa
4 Lee Goodwin
8 Paul Terry
26 John McGrath (off 88 mins)
7 Mark Janney
10 Mark Stein
9 Danny Shipp
15 Steve West

23 Jason Broom (on 88 mins)
6 Steve Heffer
24 Steve Potts
5 Mark Smith
18 Paul Gothard

1 Craig Mawson
2 David McKearney
5 James Bentley
6 Stewart Drummond
7 Adriano Rigoglioso (off 66 mins)
11 Gary Thompson
14 Iain Swan (off 80 mins)
16 David Perkins
21 Wayne Curtis
23 Lee Elam
29 Lee Collins (off 73 mins)

13 Steve McIlhargey
4 Jamie Murphy (on 80 mins)
17 Danny Carlton (on 66 mins)
18 Michael Stringfellow (on 73 mins)
19 Ryan Zico-Black

Referee: Mr T Kettle
Attendance: 3,447

DiggerDagger's Man Of The Match

Tim Cole

A Wonderful Performance At The Back

 is an independent website and the views expressed are not necessarily those of Dagenham & Redbridge Football Club