The Site
News Index
Search The Site
About The Site
The Season
Fixtures & Results
League Table
Player Profiles
06/07 Photo Gallery
The Club
Archive 92/93 to 19/20
Match Database
Away Fans Guide
The Terraces
E-mail List
Fun & Games
Daggers Dictionary

 The Poll

Daggers change of ownership: should we...

Stay as we are (Members Club)
Go with the East Consortium
Go with the Tamplin Consortium
Look for another solution

View Current Standings


Nirvana. (from Len Britton)




Next Match

24 October 2020
Hartley Wintney
FA Cup 4th Qualifying Round

Last Match

17 October 2020
Yeovil Town
Vanarama National League 
Drew 0-0

     On This Day

In 1992,The Daggers beat Boston United 2-1  Away in the Conference League Cup 2nd Round

In 1996,The Daggers beat Bishop's Stortford 3-0 at Home in the ICIS League Premier 

In 2000,The Daggers beat Telford United 1-0  Away in the Nationwide Conference 

In 2006,The Daggers lost 1-3 to Kidderminster Harriers at Home in the Nationwide Conference 

In 2008,The Daggers lost 1-2 to Bournemouth Away in the Coca Cola League Two 

In 2014,The Daggers lost 1-3 to Luton Town Away in the Sky Bet League Two 

In 2017,The Daggers lost 0-1 to Wrexham at Home in the Vanarama National League 



A Junior pen again

Yeovil Town Report
by Hardy on 09/11/2002

The Daggers grab a dramatic point coming back from 2 down at the home of the Conference leaders today. Hardy reports on the action from Huish Park.

Yeovil Town

Dagenham & Redbridge

McIndoe 15
Smith o.g. 54

McDougald pen 57
Fletcher 80

Nationwide Conference
Huish Park
Saturday 9th November 2002
The Daggers are BACK!
Dagenham & Redbridge brought home a hard earned point from Huish Park after coming back from 2-0 down to grab a draw against the league leaders Yeovil Town.

The Daggers restored loan signing Gary Fletcher to the team, playing alongside Junior McDougald with Steve West dropping to the bench. Mark Stein (left) also returned to league action after being injured in the Aldershot game also on the bench, coming on for the last 15 minutes..

The early stages of the game were cautious as both teams felt each other out but with Yeovil looking the more fluent and they scored from their first real effort on goal. Lee Matthews was adjudged to have fouled Nick Crittenden about 25 yards out and Michael McIndoe stepped up to curl the ball over the wall and in.

The Daggers began to play a bit after that blow with Steve Heffer (right), Gary Fletcher and Paul Terry all having chances while at the other end Tony Roberts made a great save to deny McIndoe a second.

The second half saw the Daggers on top for most of it and Danny Shipp was very unlucky to see his deflected shot slip just wide with Chris Weale stranded early on before Yeovil grabbed an unlikely looking second goal. Crittenden and Grant made space up the right and Crittenden hit what could have been a cross or a shot in which hit Mark Smith and Tony Roberts before bobbling over the line.

The Daggers were stung into action from that and pulled one back just three minutes later. Paul Bruce sluing over a cross for Gary Fletcher who got ahead of Colin Pluck only to shoved over. The Referee pointed to the spot and Junior McDougald stepped up to smash the penalty past Weale off the underside of the bar.

The Daggers then dominated proceedings with some great midfield passing movements and Yeovil defending equally well. Paul Terry (left) had another shot fly just wide as the Daggers looked like they just couldn't work the opening to get the equaliser they deserved.

With 10 minutes left though Gary Fletcher finally got the goal his play had deserved and what a goal it was. He picked the ball up in the middle of the Yeovil half and ran at the defence, jinking past three or four defenders before sliding the ball past Chris Weale.

With the Daggers in the ascendancy it was a little galling for the Daggers fans to watch as the team shut up shop rather than going for the win in the last 10 minutes, but I am certain that any of those watching would have settled for the draw before the start of the game.

The result sees the Daggers stay in 10th and Yeovil still top, but is a morale blow at a key time in the season. In other games, Chester beat Stevenage to cement second spot and send Boro deeper in the mire in 21st place. Morecambe hammered Doncaster 3-0 to place a question mark over Donny's title prospects and cement the Shrimps into a play-off spot and Southport had a fine win at Hereford.

Daggers fans at Huish Park (courtesy of Dave Simpson)




1 Chris Weale
2 Adam Lockwood
4 Terry Skiverton
5 Colin Pluck
6 Darren Way
10 Nick Crittenden
14 Roy O'Brien
20 Gavin Williams
11 Michael McIndoe
23 Howard Forinton (off 84 mins)
18 Kim Grant (off 68 mins)

12 Chris Giles
13 Jon Sheffield
16 Andy Lindegaard (on 68 mins)
19 Abdoulai Demba (on 84 mins)
24 Abdelhalim Elkholti

1 Tony Roberts
5 Mark Smith
17 Lee Matthews
24 Steve Potts
6 Steve Heffer
7 Mark Janney
8 Paul Terry
9 Danny Shipp
11 Paul Bruce (off 74 mins)
13 Junior McDougald (off 88 mins)
19 Gary Fletcher (off 83 mins)

18 Paul Gothard
3 Ashley Vickers (on 83 mins)
10 Mark Stein (on 74 mins)
14 Danny Hill
15 Steve West (on 88 mins)

Referee: Mr P Melin
Attendance: 4,289

DiggerDagger's Man Of The Match

Lee Matthews

Another dominant display

 is an independent website and the views expressed are not necessarily those of Dagenham & Redbridge Football Club