The Site
News Index
Search The Site
About The Site
The Season
Fixtures & Results
League Table
Player Profiles
06/07 Photo Gallery
The Club
Archive 92/93 to 19/20
Match Database
Away Fans Guide
The Terraces
E-mail List
Fun & Games
Daggers Dictionary

 The Poll

Daggers change of ownership: should we...

Stay as we are (Members Club)
Go with the East Consortium
Go with the Tamplin Consortium
Look for another solution

View Current Standings


A player that is taken off with 20 minutes to go in every game, regardless of the match situation. (from Len Britton)




Next Match

24 October 2020
Hartley Wintney
FA Cup 4th Qualifying Round

Last Match

17 October 2020
Yeovil Town
Vanarama National League 
Drew 0-0

     On This Day

In 1992,The Daggers beat Boston United 2-1  Away in the Conference League Cup 2nd Round

In 1996,The Daggers beat Bishop's Stortford 3-0 at Home in the ICIS League Premier 

In 2000,The Daggers beat Telford United 1-0  Away in the Nationwide Conference 

In 2006,The Daggers lost 1-3 to Kidderminster Harriers at Home in the Nationwide Conference 

In 2008,The Daggers lost 1-2 to Bournemouth Away in the Coca Cola League Two 

In 2014,The Daggers lost 1-3 to Luton Town Away in the Sky Bet League Two 

In 2017,The Daggers lost 0-1 to Wrexham at Home in the Vanarama National League 



Danny Hill

Telford United Report
by Nelson on 26/08/2002

A Danny Hill goal gives the Daggers a share of the points against Telford. Nelson reports on the action from a frustrating game at Victoria Road.

Dagenham & Redbridge

Telford United

Hill 35

Scott 45

Nationwide Conference
Victoria Road
Monday 26 August 2002
Daggers Held By Bucks
The Daggers today were held to a 1-1 draw at Victoria Road by a resolute Telford United.

On an August Bank Holiday with weather more reminiscent of late Autumn than Summer, the Daggers set out to seek revenge for the two defeats inflicted on them by the Bucks last season.

With the Daggers attempting to play the passing game that suits them so well, they set their stall out from the start of the match, playing some great football and knocking the ball around well. However, the forward line seemed bereft of ideas and, aside from one long-range Danny Shipp shot, had barely threatened the Telford goal.

The first good chance of the match fell to the visitors just after the half-hour but Smith was only able to blaze his shot wide of the post.

The deadlock was broken in the 35th minute when Telford cleared a Paul Bruce (right) shot only as far as Danny Hill who volleyed the ball beautifully into the bottom corner of the net from 25 yards.

With time rapidly running out in the first half, disaster struck when Tony Roberts collided with the woodwork in saving a deflected shot. Mysteriously, referee Mr McIntosh allowed play to continue and Mark Foran blasted the ball into the net to level the scores.

The Daggers made the enforced substitution, replacing Roberts with Paul Gothard.

At the interval, Paul Terry (left) was replaced by Steve Perkins and the Daggers continued to dominate the game, constantly being thwarted by a resolute and, at times, packed Telford defence.

The forwards were having difficulty finding the space to make shots despite the constant barrage of pressure from the home side.

The main threat was coming from the left wing where the DiggerDagger Man Of The Match, Paul Bruce, was getting in cross after cross despite being double teamed by the defenders. Junior McDouglad was, as always, putting in a huge amount of running but seemed to be hindering the side more than helping the cause and it came as something of a surprise when it was Danny Shipp (right) who made way for Steve McGavin.

The Daggers did have a few chances in the second half with Steve West blazing a shot over from inside the box and also heading wide of the post and over from corners. Paul Bruce saw his long range shot fly over the bar.

When Mark Stein (left) saw his powerful shot blocked at close range, it became obvious that it wasn't going to be the Daggers day.

The Daggers also had a firm penalty appeal turned down when Heffer was clearly fouled in the area.

The game finished with another Daggers shot - a Danny Hill free-kick from range that whistled over.

The draw sees the Daggers knocked off the top spot and they will be looking to improve on the result on Saturday at Farnborough.




1 Tony Roberts (off 45 mins)
3 Ashley Vickers
6 Steve Heffer
8 Paul Terry
9 Danny Shipp
10 Mark Stein
11 Paul Bruce
13 Junior McDougald
14 Danny Hill
15 Steve West
23 Ross Johnson


4 Lee Goodwin
12 Steve Perkins(46)
16 Steve McGavin(82)
18 Paul Gothard(45)
19 Danny Hazelden

1 Paul Edwards
2 Ashley Wooliscroft
4 Kevin Davies
5 Mark Foran
6 Grant Brown
8 Kevin Jobling
9 Peter Smith
11 Steve Palmer
14 Jordan King (off 37 mins)
16 Matthew Bloomer
19 David Brown


10 Paul Moore
12 Richard Scott (on 37 mins)
15 Dean Spink
18 Tony Lormor
21 Craig Jones

Referee: Mr W McIntosh
Attendance: 1,711

DiggerDagger's Man Of The Match

Paul Bruce

A superb display

Match Images

1st Half Action

Danny Shipp plays the ball forward

Steve Heffer on the ball

1st Half Corner

Mark Stein

Paul Terry

Steve Heffer passes the ball

Junior McDougald takes on the Telford defence

Mark Stein awaits the ball

Junior McDougald on the ball

Mark Stein

2nd Half Corner

Steve McGavin

 is an independent website and the views expressed are not necessarily those of Dagenham & Redbridge Football Club