The Site
News Index
Search The Site
About The Site
The Season
Fixtures & Results
League Table
Player Profiles
06/07 Photo Gallery
The Club
Archive 92/93 to 19/20
Match Database
Away Fans Guide
The Terraces
E-mail List
Fun & Games
Daggers Dictionary

 The Poll

Daggers change of ownership: should we...

Stay as we are (Members Club)
Go with the East Consortium
Go with the Tamplin Consortium
Look for another solution

View Current Standings


The complete annihilation of Boston United Football Club




Next Match

24 October 2020
Hartley Wintney
FA Cup 4th Qualifying Round

Last Match

17 October 2020
Yeovil Town
Vanarama National League 
Drew 0-0

     On This Day

In 1992,The Daggers beat Boston United 2-1  Away in the Conference League Cup 2nd Round

In 1996,The Daggers beat Bishop's Stortford 3-0 at Home in the ICIS League Premier 

In 2000,The Daggers beat Telford United 1-0  Away in the Nationwide Conference 

In 2006,The Daggers lost 1-3 to Kidderminster Harriers at Home in the Nationwide Conference 

In 2008,The Daggers lost 1-2 to Bournemouth Away in the Coca Cola League Two 

In 2014,The Daggers lost 1-3 to Luton Town Away in the Sky Bet League Two 

In 2017,The Daggers lost 0-1 to Wrexham at Home in the Vanarama National League 



Another 2 For Stein

Leigh RMI Report
by Nelson on 19/08/2002

The Daggers overcame the heat and a massively delayed kick-off to start their season in style with a 3-1 win over Leigh RMI at Victoria Road. Nelson reports.

Dagenham & Redbridge

Leigh RMI

Stein 4
McGavin 6
Stein 58

Black 32

Fitzhenry s/o 76

Nationwide Conference
Victoria Road
Saturday 17 August 2002
(Delayed to 4:20pm due to late arrival of Leigh team)
Better Late Than Never
With the other Conference matches being well into the second half, the Daggers finally kicked-off their 2002/03 Conference season at 4:20pm. The Leigh team arrived at Victoria Road just before 4pm following a nightmare journey and were obviously not well prepared for the match and the game was effectively over as a contest within the first 6 minutes.

The strange sight of the players wearing squad numbers and their names on their back (right) made it somewhat easier to recognise the new signings and, indeed, former Woking man, Steve Perkins, was involved in the build-up to the first goal. He headed the ball down well for Paul Terry who chipped the ball across the area into the path of Mark Stein who blasted the ball into the back of the net with only four minutes on the clock.

Only two minutes later and the Daggers capitalised on their opponents obvious frailties further. Some wonderful passing around the area saw the ball come to McGavin who volleyed the ball powerfully over the keeper and into the top corner.

At this point, the Daggers seemed to take their foot off the gas a little and allowed Leigh to settle and gain more possession. Despite this, the visitors created few chances and it was the home side that came closest to scoring when a speculative long-range shot from the impressive Steve Perkins (right) went narrowly wide.

A free kick from Steve McGavin went close for the Daggers but it was Leigh who scored next when Tony Black took advantage of a rare mistake by Tony Roberts to stab home the rebound after Roberts was only able to parry a long range free-kick.

Another chance for the Railwaymen was squandered soon afterwards. Some sloppy defending allowed a Leigh forward space to run at goal but when he got one-on-one with Roberts, he fired a very tame shot much to the relief of the home crowd.

After half time, the Daggers seemed to have regained some of their composure and following the introduction of Junior McDougald (wearing only the name "Junior" on his number 13 shirt), it looked likely that there would only be one winner.

On 58 minutes, McDougald (left) burst into the Leigh penalty area and was clearly having his shirt pulled by a defender. Despite this, the managed to lay the ball back to Paul Terry who floated the ball beautifully into the area where Stein lashed the ball home from close range.

The visitors made two more openings in the game with a Maamria header bringing out an incredible fingertip save from Roberts and it was Maamria again who almost reduced the deficit, hitting the bar with the goal at his mercy.

The Daggers too had their chances - a tantalising cross from Paul Bruce (right) evaded everyone when the slightest of touches would have meant a goal.

With less than a quarter of an hour to go, Junior McDougald was set clear through on goal but a clumsy challenge from Neil Fitzhenry left referee, Mr Singh, no option but to show the Leigh player the red card and dash the Railwaymen's chances of a comeback.

Another chance came for Stein (left) in the dying minutes of the game when he lashed a rebound just wide of the post.




1 Tony Roberts
4 Lee Goodwin
23 Ross Johnson
11 Paul Bruce
12 Steve Perkins
14 Danny Hill (off 51 min)
8 Paul Terry
16 Steve McGavin (off 80 min)
9 Danny Shipp
10 Mark Stein (off 90 min)
3 Ashley Vickers


15 Steve West (on 90 min)
18 Paul Gothard
19 Danny Hayzelden (on 80 min)
21 Steve Vaughan
13 Junior McDougald (on 51 min)

1 Stuart Coburn
2 Gerry Harrison
4 Neil Durkin (off 62 min)
5 Wayne Maden
6 Neil Fitzhenry (Sent Off 76 min)
7 Ian Monk
9 Dino Maamria
10 Tony Black
11 Damien Whitehead (off 58 min)
15 Phil Salt
20 Dominic Ludden


14 Andy Heald (on 58 min)
16 Nicky Spooner (on 62 min)
18 John McGill
21 Ged McCourtney
3 Paul Williams

Referee: Mr J Singh
Attendance: 1,305

DiggerDagger's Man Of The Match

Steve McGavin

Scored A Wonderful Goal To Cap Off A Brilliant Allround Performance

Match Photos

Steve Perkins

Celebrations as the Daggers go 1-0 up

2-0 - More celebrations

Ross Johnson

Danny Shipp

Paul Bruce takes a corner

Danny Shipp jumps for the ball

Ross Johnson challenges

2nd half corner

Junior McDougald

The team applauds the fans

 is an independent website and the views expressed are not necessarily those of Dagenham & Redbridge Football Club