The Site
News Index
Search The Site
About The Site
The Season
Fixtures & Results
League Table
Player Profiles
06/07 Photo Gallery
The Club
Archive 92/93 to 19/20
Match Database
Away Fans Guide
The Terraces
E-mail List
Fun & Games
Daggers Dictionary

 The Poll

Daggers change of ownership: should we...

Stay as we are (Members Club)
Go with the East Consortium
Go with the Tamplin Consortium
Look for another solution

View Current Standings


More brown than on a previous occasion ("Ere, Trace, ya look branna today, ave you been on sunbed?")




Next Match

06 March 2021
Boreham Wood
Vanarama National League 

Last Match

02 March 2021
Solihull Moors
Vanarama National League 

     On This Day

In 1994,The Daggers beat Erith & Belvedere 7-1  Away in the London Challenge Cup 2nd Round

In 1997,The Daggers beat Morecambe 2-1 at Home in the FA Trophy 3rd Round Replay

In 1998,The Daggers drew 2-2 with Gravesend & Northfleet Away in the Ryman League Premier 

In 1999,The Daggers beat Hampton 4-0 at Home in the Ryman League Premier 

In 2001,The Daggers beat Forest Green Rovers 3-1 at Home in the Nationwide Conference 

In 2007,The Daggers beat Southport 4-1  Away in the Nationwide Conference 

In 2009,The Daggers lost 0-3 to Lincoln City at Home in the Coca Cola League Two 

In 2012,The Daggers beat Bradford City 1-0 at Home in the NPower League Two 

In 2015,The Daggers beat Hartlepool United 2-0 at Home in the Sky Bet League Two 



Stein Scores The 1st

Woking Report
by Nelson on 24/04/2002

Goals from Mark Stein and a Scott Smith own goal give the Daggers a comfortable win against Woking at Kingfield. Nelson reports on the action.


Dagenham & Redbridge

Stein 32
Smith og 58

Nationwide Conference
Tuesday 23 April 2002
Stein Marks Return With Potentially Vital Goal

The Daggers tonight made relatively short work of struggling Woking at Kingfield.

The large travelling support were treated to an exciting match with the Daggers making most of the running.

Played at a terrific pace, the visitors had most of the early pressure and Danny Hill (left) went close with a shot from range which skimmed over the crossbar with Tony Tucker beaten. Mark Janney who looked to be back to the sort of form he had shown prior to the Exeter match ran a considerable distance before firing over.

In the 17th minute, the Daggers' chances seemed to be hit by an injury to Danny Hill. Following a bad tackle, Hill received some treatment on the pitch but was unable to continue and he was substituted for Steve McGavin (right).

The Daggers still continued to dominate proceedings though and it came as quite a surprise when the Cards nearly opened the scoring in the 27th minute. A long ball from Jamie Pitman defied the Daggers back line and former Crystal Palace striker, Chris Sharpling collected the ball. However, with ex-Woking man, Steve West, bearing down on him, Sharpling decided to shoot from range but his shot was dreadful, posing no threat to Tony Roberts' goal.

Five minutes later and the Daggers finally made the breakthrough. A good run from Paul Terry (left) saw the ball passed out right to Mark Janney who crossed the ball onto the head of Mark Stein who's glancing header over Tucker in the Woking goal found the top corner of the goal to put the Daggers in front.

The Daggers were still celebrating their goal when, two minutes later, they were given something else to cheer. Roscoe D'Sane, who had already been harshly booked for a weak foul on Mark Janney, committed an awful foul on Steve Heffer and was given his second yellow card of the game, giving the home side a mountain to climb.

In the second half, neither side took their foot off the gas with both sides having chances to score. The Daggers had a great chance to double their advantage when Paul Terry broke through the centre but put in a poor shot of which the keeper made short work.

The Daggers did make it two in the 58th minute though when a Danny Shipp (left) cross from the right was turned into his own net by Scott Smith.

The visitors were still making all the running with Shipp, Hayzelden and Janney (right) all going close.

Woking were doing their utmost to strike back on the break and the impressive Charlie Griffin was unfortunate not to have given the Cards some sort of consolation, going close on two occasions.

Towards the end of the five minutes of added time, the Daggers started passing the ball around to cheers from the visiting support.

Throughout the game, the Daggers' support had been hearing that it was still 0-0 between Morecambe and Boston and, indeed, that's the way it finished at Christie Park. The results now mean that the Daggers are back on level points with the Pilgrims with only one match each to play. The Lincolnshire outfit do have a vastly superior goal difference, however, so Garry Hill must rely on Boston slipping up at relegated Hayes on Sunday if his side are to be playing Third Division football next season.

It's going to be a long few days until Sunday.




Tony Tucker
David Piper (off 77 mins)
Stuart Reeks
Scott Smith
Jonathon Boardman
Steve Perkins
Barry Moore
Jamie Pitman (off 90 mins)
Charlie Griffin
Roscoe D'Sane (sent off 34)
Chris Sharpling

Eddie Saunders (on 90 mins)
Warren Haughton (off 77 mins)
Dominic Reece
Scott Steele
Phil Ruggles

Tony Roberts
Steve Heffer
Mark Smith
Steve West
Lee Goodwin
Matt Jones (off 87 mins)
Danny Hill (off 17 mins)
Paul Terry
Mark Janney
Mark Stein (off 89 mins)
Danny Shipp

Steve McGavin (on 17 mins)
Junior McDougald (on 89 mins)
Danny Hazelden (on 87 mins)
Tim Cole
Paul Gothard
Referee: Mr P. Sutton
Attendance: 2,817

DiggerDagger's Man Of The Match

Steve McGavin

Inspirational Performance From Macca

 is an independent website and the views expressed are not necessarily those of Dagenham & Redbridge Football Club