The Site
News Index
Search The Site
About The Site
The Season
Fixtures & Results
League Table
Player Profiles
06/07 Photo Gallery
The Club
Archive 92/93 to 19/20
Match Database
Away Fans Guide
The Terraces
E-mail List
Fun & Games
Daggers Dictionary

 The Poll

Daggers change of ownership: should we...

Stay as we are (Members Club)
Go with the East Consortium
Go with the Tamplin Consortium
Look for another solution

View Current Standings


Trying to get a quart out of a pint pot.




Next Match

27 October 2020
Maidenhead United
Vanarama National League 

Last Match

24 October 2020
Hartley Wintney
FA Cup 4th Qualifying Round

     On This Day

In 1992,The Daggers beat Hednesford Town 3-1  Away in the FA Cup 4th Qualifying Round

In 2009,The Daggers drew 2-2 with Macclesfield Town Away in the Coca Cola League Two 

In 2015,The Daggers lost 1-3 to Accrington Stanley Away in the Sky Bet League Two 

In 2017,The Daggers beat Macclesfield Town 1-0 at Home in the Vanarama National League 



Danny does it again

Doncaster Rovers Report
by Hardy on 12/04/2002

Danny Hill's 69th minute goal beats Doncaster Rovers in a typically bruising encounter at Victoria Road, where Rovers ended with nine men. Hardy reports.

Dagenham & Redbridge

Doncaster Rovers

Hill 69

Nationwide Conference
Victoria Road
Friday 12 April 2002
Daggers back top after a stormy night

Danny Hill secured all three points for the Daggers in the 69th minute after another blood and guts encounter with Doncaster Rovers at Victoria Road. Rovers ended with nine men after having Tristram Whitman sent off in first half stoppage time and then Jamie Price after 87 minutes.

Doncaster are a good footballing side and it is difficult to see why they feel they have to resort to strong arm tactics. Early in the game they had firm control on the game, Whitman in particular causing trouble with his pace and strong running up the right wing. The Daggers slowly pulled back into it though and the game became more and more even as the half wore on.

Doncaster had a couple of good efforts just wide of the goal, in which Tony Roberts (right) made a welcome return, but the best chance of the half fell to Mark Stein in the 38th minute when his half hit shot was cleared off the line by Jamie Squires.

The half ended in controversy when Tristram Whitman appeared to catch Matt Jones in a bad tackle. Referee Evans produced the straight red card, but Doncaster tempers boiled over and Rovers captain Paul Barnes started what turned into a 21 man brawl. Barnes, who had already been booked, was lucky to stay on the pitch. Whitman however was extremely unlucky as the Sky cameras clearly showed that the challenge was fairly innocuous.

The Daggers made good use thier luck at having a man advantage in the second half, although Doncaster kept two men up and looked threatening on the break. On 62 minutes Stein had a great shot just saved by Warrington in the Doncaster goal as it looked like the breakthrough had to come. It did seven minutes later when Junior McDougald (left) headed the ball back to Danny Hill on the top of the area and Hill hit his third goal in as many games to send the home crowd wild.

It still looked in the balance though as Doncaster's ten men pressed forward at every opportunity, but gaps were appearing in the back too which the Daggers wide men were starting to exploit. In one attack a Doncaster forward appeared to catch Roberts foot after he had caught the ball and another melee ensued, then on 87 minutes Jamie Price caught Mark Stein in a two footed tackle and was also shown the red card.

The game closed with the Daggers crowd whistling to the referee as Doncaster still kept three men up looking for an equaliser even with nine men. At last the whistle did blow and the Daggers are top again.

The result piles the pressure on Boston who travel to Leigh tomorrow having to win to keep the destiny of the title in their own hands. This was a massive win for Dagenham & Redbridge.




Tony Roberts
Danny Shipp
Dean Hooper
Mark Smith
Steve West
Steve Heffer
Danny Hill (off 79)
Paul Terry (off 55)
Junior McDougald
Mark Stein
Matt Jones (off 49)

Mark Janney (on 55)
Steve McGavin (on 79)
Danny Hayzelden (on 49)
Tim Cole
Paul Gothard (GK)

Andy Warrington
Jamie Price
Tim Ryan
Paul Green
Jack Squires
Barry Miller
Andy Watson
Ricky Ravenhill
Paul Barnes
Robert Gill (off 86)
Tristram Whitman

Neil Campbell
Jamie Paterson (on 86)
Ben Futcher
Kevin Sandwith
Lee Butler (GK)

Referee: Mr E. Evans
Attendance: 2,455

DiggerDagger's Man Of The Match

Danny Shipp

A captain's performance

 is an independent website and the views expressed are not necessarily those of Dagenham & Redbridge Football Club