The Site
News Index
Search The Site
About The Site
The Season
Fixtures & Results
League Table
Player Profiles
06/07 Photo Gallery
The Club
Archive 92/93 to 19/20
Match Database
Away Fans Guide
The Terraces
E-mail List
Fun & Games
Daggers Dictionary

 The Poll

Daggers change of ownership: should we...

Stay as we are (Members Club)
Go with the East Consortium
Go with the Tamplin Consortium
Look for another solution

View Current Standings






Next Match

06 March 2021
Boreham Wood
Vanarama National League 

Last Match

02 March 2021
Solihull Moors
Vanarama National League 

     On This Day

In 1994,The Daggers beat Erith & Belvedere 7-1  Away in the London Challenge Cup 2nd Round

In 1997,The Daggers beat Morecambe 2-1 at Home in the FA Trophy 3rd Round Replay

In 1998,The Daggers drew 2-2 with Gravesend & Northfleet Away in the Ryman League Premier 

In 1999,The Daggers beat Hampton 4-0 at Home in the Ryman League Premier 

In 2001,The Daggers beat Forest Green Rovers 3-1 at Home in the Nationwide Conference 

In 2007,The Daggers beat Southport 4-1  Away in the Nationwide Conference 

In 2009,The Daggers lost 0-3 to Lincoln City at Home in the Coca Cola League Two 

In 2012,The Daggers beat Bradford City 1-0 at Home in the NPower League Two 

In 2015,The Daggers beat Hartlepool United 2-0 at Home in the Sky Bet League Two 



Paul Terry

Hayes Report
by Hardy on 12/02/2002

The Daggers missed the chance to retake the lead in the Nationwide Conference clash with a disappointing draw with Hayes at Victoria Road. Hardy reports on the action.

Dagenham & Redbridge


Terry 68

Molesey 48

Nationwide Conference
Victoria Road
Tuesday 12th February 2002
Daggers miss the chance to go back on top
The Daggers escaped with a point from a game that they struggled throughout to control when Hayes beanpole 'keeper Bertrand Bossu was sent off in the 67th minute of the game. Up to that point it had been another "up and under" performance which few of the team came out of with credit.

The first half was less than riveting viewing for the Victoria Road crowd, the first serious effort on goal by the home team not coming until the 27th minute when Mark Stein (right) screwed a shot across the face of the goal. Matt Jones found himself with acres of space in the 42nd minute but rather strangely decided to try to chip the keeper, who stands over 6 foot 6 inches and caught the ball with ease.

It was goalless at half time but for once the tea and chat with Garry Hill did not see the team return with any extra conviction. In fact it was Hayes that took the initiative when Dean Clark wriggled past a couple of players on the right and crossed for Mark Molesey to head the visitors in front, which they probably deserved to that point.

The Daggers began to press forward and switched to 3-4-3 when Junior McDougald and Paul Terry replaced Steve West and Steve Heffer in the 55th minute as Garry Hill pushed his side forward for the much needed win. McDougald caused Hayes a lot of problems with his running and in the 67th minute was at the centre of the incident that changed the game.

As he ran past two defenders Bossu came out of his goal and threw himself onto the ball at least 4 yards outside the area. The referee had no option but to send Bossu off (left) despite lengthy protests from half the Hayes team. With no substitute keeper on the bench loan signing Anthony Charles took the gloves and was immediately beaten when Matt Jones took the free kick chipped over the wall to Paul Terry who deflected the ball in.

The Daggers steamed forward looking for the win but could not beat Charles again, in fact he pulled off two wonderful saves, one from his own defender and one from a Mark Stein effort.

The final indignity came when the referee blew for full time after playing just 2 minutes over when the fourth official had signalled 4 minutes. Most of the crowd had thought 4 was low after 5 substitutions and a lengthy stoppage for the sending off incident (the BBC ticker shows the sending off at 66:24 and the goal from the resulting free kick at 68:45). Garry Hill (right) came on to the pitch to protest to the referee as the crowd vented its anger but it was all over and another costly 2 points dropped at home.

The Daggers are now level with Boston on points having played the same number of games and second on goal difference (30 to 19).

Saturday's trip to Yeovil Town now looks an even bigger game for the Daggers with Boston United not playing until the Monday night, live on Sky TV. An in form Yeovil will catch the long time top two if they win it. The only germ of encouragement to Dagenham & Redbridge fans is that the teams away form is significantly better than the lacklustre home form.




3 Ashley VICKERS
4 Steve WEST (off 55)
5 Mark SMITH
6 Danny SHIPP
7 Mark JANNEY (off 82)
8 Steve HEFFER (off 55)
10 Mark STEIN
11 Matt JONES

12 Paul TERRY (on 55)
14 Junior MCDOUGALD (on 55)
15 Steve MCGAVIN (on 82)
17 Paul GOTHARD (GK)

1 Bertrand BOSSU
2 Jon CASE (off 68)
4 Anthony CHARLES
5 Dominic STERLING
7 Dean CLARK
8 Ken DYER
9 Michael CURRIE (off 83)
11 Kevin WARNER

12 Peter HOLSGROVE (on 83)
14 James SHIPPERLEY (on 68)
15 Glen HARRIS
16 Steve SLADEN

Attendance: 1,585
Ref: Mr M.Yerby

DiggerDagger's Man of the Match

Dean Hooper

Ran hard up and down throughout

Hayes Factfile

 is an independent website and the views expressed are not necessarily those of Dagenham & Redbridge Football Club