The Site
News Index
Search The Site
About The Site
The Season
Fixtures & Results
League Table
Player Profiles
06/07 Photo Gallery
The Club
Archive 92/93 to 19/20
Match Database
Away Fans Guide
The Terraces
E-mail List
Fun & Games
Daggers Dictionary

 The Poll

Daggers change of ownership: should we...

Stay as we are (Members Club)
Go with the East Consortium
Go with the Tamplin Consortium
Look for another solution

View Current Standings


A particularly fine looking piece of architecture that you want to go into regularly but is off limits most of the time.




Next Match

24 April 2021
Kings Lynn Town
Vanarama National League 

Last Match

17 April 2021
Solihull Moors
Vanarama National League 
Won 3-2

     On This Day

In 1995,The Daggers beat Bath City 1-0 at Home in the GM Vauxhall Conference 

In 1997,The Daggers beat Dulwich Hamlet 2-0  Away in the ICIS League Premier 

In 2000,The Daggers beat Hampton & Richmond Borough 3-2  Away in the Ryman League Premier 

In 2006,The Daggers beat Kidderminster Harriers 3-0 at Home in the Nationwide Conference 

In 2011,The Daggers lost 0-1 to Plymouth Argyle at Home in the NPower League One 

In 2017,The Daggers beat Wrexham 1-0  Away in the Vanarama National League 

In 2019,The Daggers lost 0-2 to Braintree Town Away in the Vanarama National League 



Daggers Archive : 2000/01
by Dave Simpson on 28/11/2001

Review of the Daggers' 2000/01 season by Club Press Officer, Dave Simpson. This was the Daggers' first season back in the Conference.

Season Review 2000/01
Promoted Dagenham & Redbridge set themselves a target for the season of consolidation in the Conference and fair runs in Cup Competitions. What followed was far beyond anything the Club and it's supporters could have ever dreamt of.

Their first game back in the Nationwide Conference, after an absence of four seasons, saw them travel to Unibond League Champions Leigh RMI and come away with a 2-1 victory. Three days later they came back down to earth with a bang when a 20-month unbeaten home record was ended when they lost 1-2 to Kingstonian. Only two defeats, both against eventual champions Rushden & Diamonds, were suffered in their next ten league matches as the Club made steady progress up the table.

In the FA Cup fourth qualifying round, the Daggers defeated Hendon 3-1 after five postponements and four days later saw off the challenge of Hayes, 3-1 to progress through to the second round. League defeats against Southport and Northwich were not the best way to go into an FA Cup tie away to Lincoln City but the Daggers finally achieved their first victory over a Football League side. Having outplayed the Imps for the majority of the game it seemed a replay would be the outcome until Mark Janney tapped the ball under goalkeeper, Matthew Ghent's body in the final minute to put the Daggers into the third round for the first time ever.

Two league victories over Kingstonian and Leigh RMI and a defeat at Dover Athletic on New Years day took them up to the most important match in their history at the Valley, home of Premier League Charlton Athletic.

The Daggers were quoted as huge outsiders to get a draw against Charlton but they had the audacity to take a fully deserved lead just before half time through Junior McDougald. Time ticked on and only a deflected equaliser four minutes from time denied them one of the FA Cup's greatest upsets of all time. Instead they had earned a draw and they turned down the chance of financial rewards by deciding to play the game at Victoria Road and give themselves every chance of a victory. Garry Hill was rewarded with the League Managers Association performance of the week, the first time the award has ever gone outside the Football League. In the run-up to the replay, the media hit Dagenham like never before but the constant attention had a disastrous effect when the Club lost in the third round of the FA Trophy by a 90th minute goal from visiting, Weymouth. Due to an icy pitch, the FA Cup replay was postponed and was eventually played on the day of the fourth round. With a home tie against Tottenham Hotspur awaiting the victors, the Daggers again took the game to their more illustrious opponents in front of their record attendance of 5,394. They were finally defeated when Shaun Newton scored in the first minute of extra time with Tim Cole having an equaliser ruled out for pushing. At the end of the game, they had deservedly earned the standing ovation they received from both sets of spectators.

The first Saturday of February saw the Daggers defeated at Nuneaton Borough and many thought the Daggers had reached their peak and would now drop down the table. Instead they went on a nine game winning run which also saw them knock Yeovil Town off the top of the table with a 3-1 victory at Huish Park. This superb run finally came to an end at Hayes, one game short of equalling the conference record but had seen the Club rise to third place. Manager Garry Hill was named as joint manager of the month for February but, won the honour outright in March.

Coming into the final week of the season, the Daggers were still in third place and a 3-2 win at Morecambe confirmed their joint highest ever position. They finished the season as they began with a victory in Lancashire, this time over fourth place Southport to round off the most successful season in their history.

During the season they did add some silverware when they won the Ryman One-2-One Charity Shield defeating Farnborough Town 2-0. Prior to the start of the new they faced FA Trophy winners Canvey Island in the Essex Senior Cup Final, held over due to their opponents fixture congestion. This was the first competetive match played in front of the new Carling stand and saw the Daggers take the trophy for the second time, beating the Islanders 5-3 in a penalty shootout.

 is an independent website and the views expressed are not necessarily those of Dagenham & Redbridge Football Club